1,047 results
All reviews the executive lounge champions sports bar high floor convention center business trip great business tram stop very nice hotel skyline plaza an upgrade shopping mall the main train station convenient location trade show trade fair enjoyed my stay breakfast buffet is
Reviewed 14 November 2016

The hotel is very conveniently located near the Festhalle and ca. 500 m from metro station. Hotel is quite old, however the rooms are renovated and quite well equipped. Unluckily the holders of Platinum status in Marriott Rewards cannot expect many benefits, room which I received was rather standard room. I received access to executive lounge and this is unluckily the only place where the complimentary breakfast for Platinum members is served. The choice of food in lounge is very limited (there were not even scrambled eggs) and quality of food rather poor. I've shared my comments with the hotel's associate (using Marriott App, which works very good) and received the invitation for the full breakfast for the next day. Breakfast in the restaurant Brasserie Ici was good, however rather standard - without any regional dish - exactly the same breakfast can be served anywhere in the world. The biggest problem is however staff - all of them are very polite, however if you need any information - you must ask. Nobody told me for example where the breakfast is served, if there is a gym etc. I had to ask about everything. Moreover my credit card was debited in different currency than I wanted to pay (my home country currency instead of EUR - nobody asked me which currency I'm choosing, moreover pre-auth was in EUR). I think that Marriott have problem how to classify this hotel - for me it's 4* hotel, and my rate (3/5) is for this category. If this would be 5* hotel I would rate it 2/5. Summing up if you are planning to stay in Frankfurt I would recommend to find any other hotel. Marriott if very expensive and for sure not worth the money, you must pay for it.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mariusz K
rob s, Manager at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear Mariusz K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed account of your most recent stay here in the hotel. It is unfortunate that the hotel experience was not to your complete satisfaction. There are most certainly some great points in your review, which the management team will no doubt take into consideration for possible future product or service changes.

Allow me to take this opportunity to assure you that we are truly grateful for your continued loyalty to Marriott and i would ask you to personally contact me prior to your next visit to Frankfurt at rob.snaith@marriott.com so i may ensure that your stay is to your complete satisfaction.

Kindest regards

Rob Snaith
Director of Room Operations

Reviewed 8 November 2016

Very average rooms for the price we're paying, rooms are small. Tram station in front of Hotel but far from most attractions. Wi-fi was good, 20-25 minutes walk to main train station. Would not come back again.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear jcwlg,

thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

It saddens me to read, that you were not as satisfied with your stay. Indeed, it takes a bit to walk from the main train station, as we are located very close to the fair ground. Therefore we do recommend to take the tram, which takes about 5 minutes from the main train station. In addition to that, we are close to two different underground stations.

We really hope to welcome you back at another time, so that we may get the chance to convince you from our hotel and service.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at many Marriott hotels and by far this was one of the finest. Excellent service, friendly staff, impeccably clean. Near many points of interest. Highly recommend. Delicious buffet breakfast and a great sports bar to watch games.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Stevef1951,

thank you for your valuable feedback.

We very much appreciate your recommendations and comparing us to our sister hotels, which are great as well.

It will be such a pleasure and honour to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

The staff are very nice! They seem to enjoy our kids. The rooms are a little small, but the hotel is comfortable, clean and convenient!! We are already planning to come back next month.

The full breakfast is great. A good selection, good service...but a little pricey for a family.

Although the parking is off-site, it's so convenient we didn't notice much of a difference.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear MattSimiskey,

thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

It is such a pleasure to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
When you are planning to come back next month, look into our offerings, that include breakfast, such as our business rooms. That will be less, then booking the breakfast seperately. In addition to that i would personally recommend our superior corner suites, which will fit a family of four and they have this really nice little kitchenette. Of course they are including our all american breakfast buffet.
Please feel free to contact me directly, if you will need assistance with any bookings.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel next month and are sending best Regards until then.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

We spent a single night at the hotel in late September.

The hotel is located near Frankfurt's Messe, a couple of minutes by tram from the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (central station).

Check in was quick and courteous.
We booked a regular room and as Marriott Gold members were upgraded to a Skyline view room (room 3926).

The room was quite small (apx. 25 square meters) with a lovely view (and, alas, a connecting door).
It featured two beds, an armchair. a small coffee table, a desk with chair, a TV, a minibar and a safe.

The bathroom itself was one of the tiniest I've ever experienced in a Marriott.
It had a very low ceiling (as low as 2 meters) and featured a sink, toilet and a bath tub (no separate shower).
The bathroom amenities were the wonderful Acca Kappa green mandarin series (one of our favorites).

WI-FI reception in the room was OK.

As Marriott Gold members, we were given access to the Club lounge on the 43rd floor.
Notice that breakfast is only included in the Club lounge and you cannot take it at the hotel's restaurant (otherwise – it's 30 Euros per person).
The only exception is that during weekends, the Club lounge offers no breakfast, thus breakfast is offered at the hotel's restaurant.
The breakfast in the restaurant was surprisingly average (I've written a separate review on it), and while the buffet was plentiful, the entire place felt cramped, chaotic and needed ventilation (our clothes smelled of frying all day long after breakfast).

The Club lounge was wonderful.
It is a big space, cleverly divided into smaller rooms, which give you a more cozy feeling and allow you to have private meetings.
Throughout the days the lounge offered soft drinks, hot drinks, sweets and some cookies.
Afternoon treats included several very good cakes.
The evening spread was rather sparse (we were told it is a new concept in the lounge) and included some canapés, salads, breads, cheese and some cold cuts. There was also some alcohol available.
The club offered beautiful views of the entire area.

Bottom line – this is a solid 4-star Marriott, located near the Messe, which makes it perfect for business travelers, but too far out of the way for tourists.
While the rooms are just ok, the Club lounge is just great.
Recommended.

Room tip: Book a Club room or get upgraded to one.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheShis
Management response:Responded 6 November 2016

Dear The Shis,

thank you for your valuable and very detailed feedback.
As described our lounge is located on the 43rg floor and provides a spectacular view over the city. Thank you as well for your comments regarding the breakfast area, which we will follow up on, as it is a very valuable information along with the other comments.

It will be a pleasure and honour to welcome you back in the future and we do appreciate your loyalty to Marriott Hotels and Resorts.