See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 January 2018

When I checked in I wasn't told by reception where my room was (e.g. what floor, where I needed to go). The hotel has a slightly bizarre layout - to get my room I had go out of the reception entrance doors outside the building, walk through the doors of the restaurant then I had to go through a small unmarked side door into a stairwell, up the stairs and through another un-signed / marked door that looked like it could be a broom cupboard to find where all the individual hotel rooms are numbered. Room was small, seemed clean. Comfortable bed I was joined by some cockroaches in the room during my last night / morning there. After I checked in I didn’t have any towels in my room so I went down to reception in the evening, they were slightly rude and annoyed that I expected to have some towels in my room. Breakfast was basic but okay. The reception in the morning was very different, very helpful and friendly unlike the people on the evening reception. The hotel was okay apart from the cockroaches – but I wouldn’t recommend it or like to return there in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms looked similar
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2017

The Goethe Business Hotel is a cheap alternative in Frankfurt and located Close enough to the fair grounds to go there in 10-15 minutes via public Transport. the rooms were small but clean. Some rooms had a bad smell though.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel is a 20 euro taxi ride from the city rail station.

Meet and greet fine. Helpful staff.

Room clean, tidy and modern with one of the best showers I have had in a hotel.

Attached restaurant serves standard fare at a reasonable price.

Location remote from the hustle and bustle of the town centre so delivers a quiet nights sleep.

Breakfast typical German continental and OK.

Happy to stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

We stayed here for one night and the room was large and clean, very modern. We appreciated the wifi and air conditioning. There were many men staying at this hotel which made me a little uncomfortable, as a woman. I was the only woman at breakfast with many, many men filling the whole room. Breakfast was adequate. Parking was limited and full.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We made the mistake of choosing this hotel for a night stay in Frankfurt. I can begin to tell many bad things about the hotel, but more than the awful breakfast and other small things in the room, the impoliteness and total unhelpfulness of the staff needs to be told...
the manager of the restaurant (I don't know if he also manages the hotel, then I understand why it's so bad) treated us extremely bad when, not knowing the rule, we packed a small sandwich for later on in the morning.
We apologized and said we'd leave it (even when it made no sense as that point to throw it in the bin).
He said no, that we had to pay. I was still polite but he started raising the voice and pointing his finger at me, so I said him to not do that and raised my voice too, he said that I was harassing him (I'm a tiny 158 cm tall girl), that I could not comment on what he said, and that he would kick me out of the hotel.
I said I'd leave a comment on TripAdvisor (which I did yesterday for the other part of the hotel and other problems that my colleagues had) and he said that I can't do it, that I can't say in front of the clients that I think the hotel staff and service is so bad. Ha, I can't?
Europe is a free place my friend, I truly hope people read this and avoid your hotel as much as they can.
Politeness is the FIRST thing for me.
WORST HOTEL I'VE BEEN IN A WHILE, please don't bring your money here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Valentina S
Management response:Responded 28 May 2017

Dear Guest,

We are sorry that we couldnot make you satisfy. We really respect peoples view and we try everything to fulfill the wishes. But you also have to follow the Hotel rules. You only booked the breakfast not the lunch. You prepared Sandwiches to take away later for the day. Our staff tried to explain it that is is not allowded. You and your friend shouted to our staff infront of other guest, which we don't accept. You can't start stealing the things and complain that other that they saw you.
Our staff only told you that you have to pay for it but you throw away the Sandwich. You cannot treat the working staff like that. You thretended our staff that if you are not allowded to take the sandwictch with you, you will write a bad comment about the Hotel. This is not the way you can deal with Hotel and its staff. For all the Reader of this comment we can assure you that we do everything to make your stay comfortable and satisfactory.

Goethe Hotel Frankfurt