2,976 results
All reviews frankfurt airport long distance trains follow the signs same building next morning morning flight an overnight stay rental car long flight convenient location between flights fitness center easy access rooms are small railway station your luggage perfect hotel
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel in order to be close to our early morning outbound flight. It was the perfect ending to our trip because it was so convenient to arriving by train and flying out in the morning. The rooms are small, but we do not expect large rooms in European hotels, nor do we need them. The breakfast was large and delicious. You can order waffles if you want them! It was nice to be able to print out our boarding passes in the business center.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear dallasfamily6,
A BIG THANK YOU for your very kind feedback on our hotel. It is great to see that you and your family enjoyed the stay in the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport so much!
The special HGI waffles are indeed delicious, both the waffles as well as the complimentary business center you will find in many Hilton Garden Inn hotels around the world as these are signature items of the Hilton Garden Inn brand!
Looking forward to welcome you back on your next overseas trip!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I guess the title of my review said it all...Indeed what a stay!!

For all those, who decided to read the review further, I must recommend this as a very very convenient place to stay in Germany especially for those who are here only for a short duration (primarily for transit purpose).

I got almost everything that I desired (would have been great if the rates were lowered a bit further. But nevermind.)

Location: I wanted a hotel neat the Airport. And this one is right at the airport. I took exactly 10 mins to reach the hotel, walking. If one plans to go to the Frankfurt main city, just come back to the train terminal (about 100 metres from the hotel) and take a train. I would suggest first time travellers to take an 'all day long pass' which would cost them just 8Euros. Again the proximity to the airport helped me so an early checkin, the night before my travel.

Property and Amenities: Looks very Lavish and swanky. The room was nice and the bathroom was exceptional and loaded with knick knacks like mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion. Internet was of good speed and was free of charge. The gym and the sauna are free of cost and are state of the art.

Food: I only had the morning breakfast and it was quite swanky again. Very satisfied with the food there.

Service: The lady at the reception was a trainee and was very courteous to talk to. As this was my first visit in Frankfurt, she even took out time to explain to me the places to visit and how to reach there. Further, she enrolled me to the HHONOURS club. The toaster near the kitchen had some problems and the staff tried to fix it he moment I pointed this out. When they could not, they promptly apologiesd to me. Overall, what I really liked was the pleasantness with which everyone at the hotel talked.

Service was indeed the key and I am sure to stay in the same place during my next visit in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Aniruddha K,
Thank you very much for your "excellent" rating of the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport!
It is especially great to see that after your experience at our hotel you have joined the Hilton HHonors program.
Aniruddha K, just please note that with Hilton HHonors you can earn both "Points & Miles" for the same stay, when you stay at one of 3,750 hotels Hilton Worldwide (Including in New Delhi & Chennai, amongst many other locations in India, for when you travel nationally). You will be able to earn miles at more than 50 airline partners.
Aniruddha K, we cerftainly hope you will collect lots of "Points & Miles" at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport in the future!

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I usually say that hotel airports are such as airline food.... could be better, always. Not in this case. This Garden Inn shares some of the wellness and fitness infrastructure with the Hilton nearby, airport, long distance and regional train stations on right there with a brand new installation, with good food, a fridge in room you can put things. Best airport hotel I have ever stayed.

Dear Paul_Smith_2301,
WOW, what a nice review of the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, thank you!
Paul_Smith_2301, we are most certainly looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 13 March 2012

How can you screw up a great franchise like HGI? They did it at the SQUAIRE. Maybe its a marketing ploy to get business travellers to switch next door to the Hilton, but this HGI is more like a Hampton- small rooms, very limited services, cheap on perks (no bottle of water for a diamond) and expensive (15 euro for a burger).
Maybe with time Hilton will see how far away they missed the mark and bring back a real HGI experience.

Room Tip: Go next door to the Hilton
1  Thank COtraveller69

Dear COtraveller69,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am truly sorry that you were not completely satisfied during your stay. Your comment on the rooms are correct, these are indeed smaller than one is used to in similar hotels in the USA, hotelrooms generally are not as big in key locations in Europe.
COtraveller69, a bottle of water certainly is our standard for you, I truly regret that this was not the case during your visit. I have emphasized this procedure with our front desk team members to ensure that this is followed.
COtraveller69, I do hope that you allow us the opportunity of a return visit so that we can ensure that you also have a pleasant HGI experience in our hotel, like you are used to elsewhere in the world. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I just checked out of the brand new HGI FRA. The look of the hotel, adjoining Hilton and entire complex is great. The convenience to the airport is also A+. And, except for a few minor glitches, the staff was also Rated A (did not acknowledge Diamond Status, forgot bottled water-- minor but expected). Unfortunately, the rooms are extremely small. It now makes sense why there is no mention on the web-site of room sizes. I would likely have opted for the Hilton next door or the Hilton Frankfurt (where I stayed a few times before) had I known.
I had a friend who lives in Germany join me and with two people, there is simply no room to move around. They even have a table and chair in the room but it is almost attached to one of the beds so getting in/out of that bed required coming off the front of the bed. There was less than 3 feet clearance from the foot of the bed to the desk so sitting at the desk would not allow any movement. One final note: There were very sapr edges in the front of the bed (wood bedframe) and due to the size of the room, I kept getting badly scratched by these edges. I suggest the hotel take a look at this. One final thing, probably an oversight but there were no plugs around the beds. For someone who likes to work on the computer while in bed, it was not possible to do with a small cord. I was surpised this was the situation.
The bathroom was fine.. very modern and certainly large when compared to the rest of the room. There, however, was a strange odor detected when the shower or sink water faucet was running. Not exactly sure what too make of it.
The breakfast was standard HGI fare but the staff was great (A+) and very accommodating.
Overall, not sure I will go back unless I was guaranteed an upgrade. And I must admit I was also a little surprised/disappointed that I was not offered an upgrade to even a slightly larger room upon check in. While the location is great, the size of the room is a real issue for me. I stay in Hilton Properties (and usually HGIs) exclusively whenever possible and especially when in Eurpoe, they usuall offer larger rooms that the standard European rooms so that was always a plus.

4  Thank Thecard14

Dear Thecard14,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay in our hotel, especially for your "A-Rating" of our staff!
Your observation on the rooms is indeed correct, the rooms in the next door Hilton Frankfurt Airport are significantly larger than the rooms in the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport. If the size of the room is an important factor for deciding where to stay I would certainly recommend to book the next door Hilton Hotel.
For our guests traveling with electrical equipment from the US, we do have one electrical outlet which fits the US electrical plug (as well as one which fits plugs from the UK) at the work desk in each guest room. Extension cords are available upon request only.
Thank you for your comment on the electrical outlet, an additional electrical outlet next to the bed would have been useful indeed. Your comment will certainly be taken into consideration in future developments.
Thecard14, despite the smaller size of the room than in the next door Hilton, I do hope that your excellent experiences with our staff members make you decide to come back to the HGI Frankfurt Airport!