2,977 results
All reviews frankfurt airport long distance trains follow the signs same building next morning morning flight an overnight stay rental car long flight convenient location between flights fitness center easy access rooms are small railway station your luggage perfect hotel
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I just checked out of the brand new HGI FRA. The look of the hotel, adjoining Hilton and entire complex is great. The convenience to the airport is also A+. And, except for a few minor glitches, the staff was also Rated A (did not acknowledge Diamond Status, forgot bottled water-- minor but expected). Unfortunately, the rooms are extremely small. It now makes sense why there is no mention on the web-site of room sizes. I would likely have opted for the Hilton next door or the Hilton Frankfurt (where I stayed a few times before) had I known.
I had a friend who lives in Germany join me and with two people, there is simply no room to move around. They even have a table and chair in the room but it is almost attached to one of the beds so getting in/out of that bed required coming off the front of the bed. There was less than 3 feet clearance from the foot of the bed to the desk so sitting at the desk would not allow any movement. One final note: There were very sapr edges in the front of the bed (wood bedframe) and due to the size of the room, I kept getting badly scratched by these edges. I suggest the hotel take a look at this. One final thing, probably an oversight but there were no plugs around the beds. For someone who likes to work on the computer while in bed, it was not possible to do with a small cord. I was surpised this was the situation.
The bathroom was fine.. very modern and certainly large when compared to the rest of the room. There, however, was a strange odor detected when the shower or sink water faucet was running. Not exactly sure what too make of it.
The breakfast was standard HGI fare but the staff was great (A+) and very accommodating.
Overall, not sure I will go back unless I was guaranteed an upgrade. And I must admit I was also a little surprised/disappointed that I was not offered an upgrade to even a slightly larger room upon check in. While the location is great, the size of the room is a real issue for me. I stay in Hilton Properties (and usually HGIs) exclusively whenever possible and especially when in Eurpoe, they usuall offer larger rooms that the standard European rooms so that was always a plus.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Thecard14
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Thecard14,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay in our hotel, especially for your "A-Rating" of our staff!
Your observation on the rooms is indeed correct, the rooms in the next door Hilton Frankfurt Airport are significantly larger than the rooms in the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport. If the size of the room is an important factor for deciding where to stay I would certainly recommend to book the next door Hilton Hotel.
For our guests traveling with electrical equipment from the US, we do have one electrical outlet which fits the US electrical plug (as well as one which fits plugs from the UK) at the work desk in each guest room. Extension cords are available upon request only.
Thank you for your comment on the electrical outlet, an additional electrical outlet next to the bed would have been useful indeed. Your comment will certainly be taken into consideration in future developments.
Thecard14, despite the smaller size of the room than in the next door Hilton, I do hope that your excellent experiences with our staff members make you decide to come back to the HGI Frankfurt Airport!
Best regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I had an overnight stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport and I must say that the hotel was clean, modern, well designed and located quite conveniently.

First off the Guest rooms are looking very modern and it felt clean. It mainly was designed with wood in mind and it worked. You can move freely around, though the space near the window is quite small. It had long wooden desk where the TV also was put on. The desk chair was also very comfortable, if you plan to do some work there. The curtains blocks light very well and the bed was comfortable. I had a king size bed and I must say, it did felt different than other hotel bed where I stayed, it was more comfortable! Also the headboard of the bed was a very nice design of black leather and wood. Water cooker was also in the room with tea and cups.

The bathroom was in my opinion a very good one. Not big, but spotless clean and had dark laminate floor! That was pleasantly surprising and it looked great. It has a tub and a big mirror with a very modern ring light in it. The tub was big enough for me and I used it for a relaxation after a evening conference. Neutrogena bath amenities are provided and the towels were nice, soft and fluffy.

I first had a room on the 11th floor but I noticed that there was a very loud noise coming from the ceiling. I looked at the fan/temp. controller, and tried to turn the fan down, but with no success, the loud noise from the ceiling kept going. I called the reception and told there was a noise issue with my room and I got told that they will send a technician up to my room to look at the problem. So I waited for a few minutes, then I got a call from the assistant manager and her name was Sonya (hope I recall it correctly!) who was so nice and deserves a compliment! She called my room, apologized for the problem and offered to change rooms (this happened while I was still waiting for the technician). She said that she would be at my room with the new key within 5 minutes. After the call, the technician knocked on my door and checked what was wrong, indeed the fan controller box was broken, therefore the fan could not be turned off and told me to change rooms. When the technician left, the assistant manager knocked on my door, helped me with my luggage and led me to another room on the 10th floor and wished me a good stay and if there was anything I should call the reception and ask for her! Big thumbs up! Also this was all after an early check-in at around 10am.

However during check-in, the reception was manned by two trainees. I am a Hhonors Gold member, but did not get any recognition of being a gold member, also the 2 bottles of water that must be given to gold members were not handed to me. This was kind of disappointing, but I know when trainees are at the reception, they usually forget these stuff, so I did not give them a hard time, it would have been nice to get some recognition though! Check out went smoothly.

Breakfast buffet was good, with hot food (omelet, sausages, boiled eggs), fruits, delicious pastries (also waffle maker) coffee/tea/juices/milk etc. Though, the employees in the restaurant seemed a little bit grumpy with no smiles.

Location was quite convenient as it is in the airport, though it is a little bit hard to find because of the small signage. Especially when you come from terminal 2, you must ask the info desk at terminal where to go because there are nog signage. But I think that it most likely the airport's fault. Gym/sauna facilities were also included and shared with the Hilton, next door and on the 11th floor. Though it is a shame that the sauna are not divided by gender, maybe something they could consider because it is not really comfortable to be in a sauna of mixed gender.

All in all, Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport was a very good hotel for a great value. It has modern rooms, it was very clean and located nicely at the airport (with a bit off effort to find). Though with some minor issues which was solved by the management (Sonya in this case) professionally and pleasantly it did not affect me much, but on the other hand the trainees still need to learn a little bit more about customer relationship management (with smiles) and recognize higher status Hhonors members.

I would definitely stay here again and hope that the trainees will be trained 360°, than the rating would be perfect!

Room Tip: 10th floor rooms, forest view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank davedior92
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear davedior92,
Thank you very much for your many great comments on the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport.
Regarding the curtains in our guestrooms, these are indeed special blackout curtains. This allows our guests also to rest well during daytime.
I am not really surprised on your comment that "the bed felt different than other hotel beds" where you stayed, and that "it was more comfortable". The bed in the Hilton Garden Inn guestrooms is actually very special! This "Garden Sleep System" is a revolutionary bed that conforms to your body by cradling your neck, back, legs and spine providing pressure-free support for a restorative night's sleep. This technologically advanced sleep-system uses patented, self-adjusting technology, which studies have shown results in a deeper sleep in less time. Couple this sleep technology with the high quality linens and the blackout curtains you mentioned previously and you're sure to appreciate the exclusive sleep experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport. You obviously did experience this!
Just to make sure that you have the complete understanding of this bed: It has nine individual air cylinders on each side, and a patented system of air intake and release valves, the mattress conforms precisely to your unique weight and shape to support the parts of your body that rest on it. And when you move during the night, the cylinders self-adjust, taking in and releasing just enough air to provide the correct support for your new sleep position.
With a simple turn of the handy Pressure Control Dials located on both sides of the mattress, one can adjust the firmness levels independently for the setting that best suits your unique sleep needs. So indeed it is quite a sleep experience we offer!
Please davedior92 note that I have emphasized that water is provided promptly on your next stay. We also have installed some additional signs as of the 1st of March at the airport, this to make it easy to walk to the hotel.
davedior92, you can be assured that we will try to get the "perfect" score on your next stay and certainly hope this will be soon. Thank you once again for your great feedback!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2012

finally after more than 3 years in the making the Hilton Garden Inn opened in Frankfurt Airport Squaire.
The hotel is above the Frankfurt Airport Train Station and only a short walk from Airport Terminal 1.
I found it an ideal place to spend a night before an early flight to the US.
The rooms is modern, the bed comfy, the bathroom spotless clean.
AND: You are above a busy train station, next to a major airport and a busy highway. Yet you hear absolutely nothing from that in your room.

I had a full breakfast bufett included in my room rate.

I can only recommend the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Dear Canyonlands2008,
Thank you very much for your outstanding feedback, great!
Like Conrad Hilton, founder of Hilton Worldwide, to which also the Hilton Garden Inn brand belongs, said: "LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION...". Train, plane or car, the hotel is indeed located in the "center of mobility". One can even walk comfortable to our hotel in a t-shirt while it rains outside, as no matter if you arrive by plane, car or train, you never need to go outside in order to get to the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport.
Besides the location, indeed sound proofing the hotel was also a major consideration in the planning. Your feedback is certainly a good testimony that the plan worked!
Thank you once again for your great remarks, we are looking forward to welcome you back!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I had an overnight transit stop in Frankfurt and I normally stay in one of the hotels near the Frankfurt Hauptbanhof station but this time all of these hotels were fully booked because of a messe, I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn hotel at the airport. Trying to find the hotel the first time wasn't easy, it wasn't clear where one needs to walk to after you pick up your bags. If you look for the signs for the long distance trains and head towards it, you will end up in a pedestrian and shopping mall. Just head to the end of that mall and turn right and go up a flight of escalators and walk to the end. There are two Hilton's in front of you when you step off the escalator. The Garden Inn is the entrance on the left. Check-in was easy and getting to the room was fast and easy. The room was excellent quality and super clean! The bathroom was spacious enough but the best part was the pressure of the shower! What a joy! The room was a little on the small side and a little tight but then again this isn't a resort. Always love the free Internet service (odd that one has to pay for Internet service in a premium hotel but not in a budget hotel). Bed was comfortable and the room was fairly quiet given that you are next to the airport. I slept well on the bed so no complaints there. My flight was in the morning and I was up and hungry. The breakfast buffet was included in my room price and they had a really nice spread of different items. One of the better breakfast buffets and I had my fill! So, in summary, for an overnight stay, this hotel was comfortable, service was good and gave me a good night sleep.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tkripala
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I needed an hotel in Frankfurt just for 1 night and was really divided between and downtown hotel or stay near by the airport. After search (a lot) and consider all pros and cons I found the recently opened Hilton Garden Inn. What a great find! In less than 20 minutes we were at Frankfurt downtonw (which is not that interesting) by train, and the next day ready to fly to our next destination. The hotel is located next to Hilton Airport and shares some facilities with it and has direct acess to Terminal 1 and train station (regional and local). As a brand new hotel the building is very nice, the room more than enough (2 adults + 1 child with 2 years old), the service impecable, a nice gym with good machines and a superb breakfast to give you energy to a long (or not) trip. No complaints at all and will use or advice in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank LMCJR
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear LMCJR,
Thank you very much for your nice review of the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport!
Frankfurt city center is indeed less than 20 minutes away and since we are located at the train station, at the airport and next to the highway, the hotel is indeed a comfortable choicé(especially when you have to fly out, or take a high speed train the next day).
LMCJR, we are very much looking forward to your return visit!
Best regards,