See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

I cannot speak highly enough about this place. I stayed here as a temporary base while I found a permanent apartment in Hamburg though it would also be ideal for a few nights. It's a self catering place though there are loads of restaurants and an excellent supermarket (Edeka on Hallerstrasse) within a 10 minute walk. It is also near Grindelhof where you'll find even more reataurants. The tennis courts at Rothenbaum are 5 minutes away by foot (where the German Open is set).

The property is on a quiet tree lined street and is a pleasant 1.5 mile walk into the centre or a 2 minute subway ride from Hallerstrasse station.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank RachelHD
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed at the Oberhouse for 1 month as a temporary living while we relocated to Hamburg. We had the park suite in the top floor with one room, one bath, living, small kitchen, dining and small terrace. We had a very good experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful all the time as well as the cleaning staff. They serve a basic breakfast for €10 per person if you request it but is very simple. The area is very nice with many restaurants, cafes and bakeries close by. Train station and bus are close by as well. The only drawback is the parking in front of the location, sometimes it was very hard to find a spot as t is on a first come first serve basis and it is also used by many living apartments in the surrounding.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed in this aparthouse with our 2 children. We liked it very much. It was very cosy and comfortable and we had everything we needed.

We also enjoyed the location very much. The district is very quiet and nice, and it is very easy to get to the center. The bus stop is just a few steps from the house and the metro is very close.

The staff was very helpful, the apartment was well-equipped, clean and cosy. We asked for a baby bed, and we were happy to find everything ready when we arrived.
We took the apartment with 2 rooms ( with a separate bedroom). It is located on the top floor and I liked the view from the window also, as it was autumn and the trees were very beautiful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LVV298484
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Oberhaus apartaments are located in Harvestehude area, few meters from the lake Aussenalster. The area is fantastic (near the Tennis Arena), full of woods and in spring or summer you can enjoy walking around the lake. In 5 minutes walk you can reach the Subway (Hallerstrasse station) or take a bus to get in the center in 5 minutes.
If you need in the surroundings there are also a lot of nice restaurant (see my reviews).
The apartament that I have been given, at 4th and last floor was quite small (of course larger than an Hotel room) composed by: closet/wardrobe, toilette and sleeping room with kitchen corner.
The apartments are a bit old even if fully equipped with TV, Phone, paying wired Internet (i suggest you to bring a small portable wifi router) and also fridge.
The bed is confortable while if you are not used to sleep with sunlight I suggest to bring blinkers to cover your eyes if you do not want to get wakened up early, due to the fact that the curtains are not effective.
I would have rated the apartament as VERY GOOD but I can not because, to me, it misses 2 main features:
1) Air Conditioning;
2) A larger bathroom;
When I arrived (in May) the weather was quite hot for the area (around 28°C) and the apartament being under the roof was such an oven. I have almost sweated during all nights despite sleeping with the windows opened. I am wondering what can happen in full summer?
The bathroom was too narrow and while "seating" (I am not at all a big guy) my legs were almost sticking to both the door and the shower.
Even if after a certain time there is almost nobody around, during the day the staff is really kind and prompt to help/support you. If forecasted on time you can also get for free a bike to enjoy Hamburg.
Final conclusion: if you do not bother suffering hot, that's the place i suggest. Else if you book ensure to get an apartment facing to east (left side, watching the entrance).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Anxanum
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I wanted a studio apartment with a kitchenette and easy access to the main sights, and found it at Oberhaus. It is in a chic residential neighborhood slightly north of the city centre, and is on a bus line with frequent service and close to a metro station. The room was very bright and comfy with all the necessities. I also asked for and got a toaster, extra pillow, ethernet cable and iron/ironing board. You can also have a microwave oven on request.
Be aware that this is a block of apartments and not a full-service hotel, so you don't get room service or 24-hour assistance. The reception is open M-F business hours and Saturday restricted hours, although I think there is a housekeeper on call if you need something urgently. My one complaint would be the flimsy lumpy pillows, but I think that's a German thing so I didn't bring it to the attention of the staff. There is a sauna which I didn't use, and a free washing machine and dryer in the basement. They offer a breakfast buffet, which I didn't take since I had my kitchenette.
The staff was very pleasant and efficient, even going to the trouble of planning and printing my journey to and from work from the public transport website and recommending restaurants.
I paid 100 euros/night, which I think is quite reasonable for Hamburg.
I can definitely recommend this accomodation for work or pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business