All reviews location is amazing common areas public transport train station breakfast buffet dorm hostel harbour facilities elbe reeperbahn sink cereal
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Staff was very friendly and helped me with planing my stay in Hamburg. Breakfast was very good as well, and the view from the rooms is amazing! Location is perfect! Would stay here again!

In the night it was a bit noisy, there where some schoolkids staying at the hostel as well. They where drunk or so and screamed around. Pack some earplugs ;-)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2017

This may only be a Hostelling International Youth Hostel but it's got to be one of the BEST places to stay in Hamburg, The location, overlooking the Elbe and the Port, is stunning, unforgettable, amazing. I really can't praise this place highly enough.

This was my third stay in a little over two years. As on previous occasions, I was hugely impressed by the friendliness of the welcome, by the quality of the service and by the overall atmosphere of the place. It's very popular with families and groups, so book well ahead to avoid disappointment.

Who needs five star luxury when you can stay at the Auf dem Stintfang ???!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Bill D
Reviewed 8 May 2017

This hostel is located a few stops from the Hauptbahnhof by the Subway or S-bahn system and steps away from the other train station. It is in a beautiful location along the Elbe, steps away from where the boat tours leave and other great restaurants. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They all speak English for international guests. The facility is very clean and kept in very good condition. The breakfast was great, and I recommend this place for young couples who are travelling, or for solo travelers. It is even great for families on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen1894
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

At first I thought this hostel was a little on the expensive side.
On arriving at the hostel, I could clearly see why. It was worth every penny.
The location was amazing with views right over the water front.
The receptionist that checked us in was very knowledgeable and very friendly.
The rooms and bathrooms were immaculate.
The bar staff were also incredibly friendly.
We were running late for our flight home on the morning of our checkout. The receptionist on duty at that time called a taxi for us immediately.
Thank you for a wonderful stay!
I would most definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank wanderandshare
Reviewed 7 March 2017

The location of this hostel is unbeatable. Beautiful views from the lobby, right on the waterfront, and just next to a subway stop for easy transport around the city. The breakfast is awesome and there are even cheap meals during the day too! The rooms were nice and quite clean, and overall staff was friendly and helpful. I'd say the main thing I disliked about this hostel was that there is no wifi. I was surprised by this, but thanks to the location there was enough to keep me busy.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo