All reviews location is amazing public transport train station breakfast buffet dorm hostel harbour facilities elbe reeperbahn sink cereal
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed as a family of five for one night just before Christmas.
We had a six bed dorm room with ensuite and gorgeous views. The room was clean and functional, the shower was surprisingly good (superclean and really powerful, did not expect that in a hostel!) and our whole family enjoyed the communal area which was spacious. The kids loved the giant chessboard.
Breakfast was nice and we were happy to find out that it was served from early on, which helped when waking early thanks to jetlag.
The staff absolutely make this place, every one we spoke to was going out of their way to be helpful and to provide info about the city.
We also stocked up on Hamburg souvenirs which were much better priced here than in any of the shops we checked out.
Would definitely recommend for its location, cleanliness and friendliness of staff!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MelHH
Reviewed 6 January 2017

This trip was done on a bit of a whim, cheap flights and as cheap accommodation as we could find. As you can expect, you get what you pay for. The beds were small, and not too uncomfortable, but my buddy found a toenail in her bed. Not that pleasant.

Breakfast was bland with limited choice and the juice was watered down, overall just a little lackluster.

Convenient location though, having not researched the area St.Pauli was quite the shocker. In a funny way though. Seriously, look at what the local area is known for before you go wandering around XD,

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Hannah S
Reviewed 18 December 2016

I stayed at this hosetl on the night of Saturday, December 17. It has a number of things going for it eg a great view ove the harbour, a nice bar that stays open late, good breakfast, clean toilets and hot showers and it is reasonably quiet. It isn't one of those party hostels that play loud music non-stop. I stayed here a couple of weeks before and it was quite good however my last stay had some problems. The main one was bed bugs. I stayed in Room 213 in Bed 6 and was bitten all night by bed bugs. I told the lady at reception when I got up so I assume they will look into it. Also, there was no wifi at all. I understand problems arise from time to time and the staff do seem quite helpful and friendly. But they need to look into these problems ASAP.

Room tip: Make sure they have addressed the bed bugs issue before you book a bed
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Deptford1593
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a weekend before going on a cruise I work for.
Location couldn't be better, great views overlooking harbour, easy access to underground.
Staff were excellent and helpful and let me store my bags before checking in as I had tickets to the football game that day.
The food left a lot to be desired and was not of great quality, however, the communal areas were well presented and the bar area nice to meet fellow travellers.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank James M
Reviewed 4 November 2016

I stayed there this summer after wacken. And the hostel was the perfect place to relax and get clean again. The kitchen was amazing for that price it was a great quality if you go there eat there. Hostel is in a great location and everything is easy to reach.

Room tip: we had a room facing the waterfront it was laud with the ships passing but amazing to watch
Date of stay: August 2016