All reviews bus stop city centre comfortable and clean hotel group travel a small kitchen area closed on sundays small supermarket nice lounge electric kettle self catering handy location public transport brilliant hotel underground station would stay again the breakfast area internet connection
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel was too far out and a 30minute bus journey was required into central hamburg for the markets. There was a particulary abrupt receptionist who was annoyed when we requested anti allergy bedding. The usual bedding is duck feather and i was allergic. It took a day for this to be supplied to us.
The supermarket is a 25 minute walk away from the hotel.
The markets were amazing but once youve seen one youve seen them all. The erotic market wasnt what we expected and the only thing which made it erotic was its location within the red light district. The stalls were disappointing.
This is over all a beautiful city but its extremely expensive. Definitely a magical wonderland and worth a visit.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was very nice except we booked a double room and were given two single beds. Bathroom was very nice. We came back after our first day exploring Hamburg expecting to find a clean and fresh room, however the room had not been cleaned at all and the towels nor sheets had not been changed. We called reception and they said they only clean and change the sheets once every 4 nights but agreed to bring us new towels. We felt this was quite poor for a four star hotel. The closest U-bahn station (Hammer Kirche) is a 15 minute walk which is quite long in the cold, but from the station it takes only a matter of minutes to reach the centre.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2017

I arrived at the Apartment-Hotel Hamburg Mitte quite late due to flight delays, but I was nevertheless checked in quite quickly. The hotel's ground level (where the reception, the bistro and the breakfast area are) appears to have been refurbished very recently, it seemed very new and modern unlike the rest of the hotel. While the hotel is a tad far away from the city centre it's very easy to get to: take the airport train (which runs 24h) to the Hauptbahnhof (central station) and then catch bus 112 at the "Hauptbf./Spitalerstraße" bus stop all the way to "Schadesweg" or, if you're light on luggage, take the U2/U4 metro line to Hammer-Kirche.

My room, on the first floor, was surprisingly big and spacious. The kitchenette came fully equipped with supplies (that require a key to access) as well as free (albeit sparkling) water. The bathroom had tampons and tissues as well as a heated towel rack, the shampoo however was in a soap dispenser mounted on the wall. The bed was comfy, even with some uncomfy pillows that provided no cushioning at all, and the TV had mostly German channels with a sprinkle of international ones too, mainly from the Middle East.

Perhaps my biggest gripe with this hotel, one which will make me think twice before returning here in the near future, is how dreadful the Wi-Fi was. I don't know if its because they had old routers, but I was completely unable to connect to the hotel's internet at all while here, and when I did it was either while in reception or by holding my phone in an incredibly awkward.

Now this wasn't a big deal to me as I was merely on a short trip, however those visiting for business purposes should probably seek out a different hotel (it should be noted that the business "area" was a small tactile computer hanged on the wall right next to the elevators, with no seating whatsoever).

It's a shame because otherwise it's a fantastic hotel - reception was able to attend to my needs (except for when my scheduled wake-up call went off on the wrong day, and then didn't call on the day I needed it the most!), everything was very clean and the bistro's food was decent, nothing to write home about but nothing completely inedible either.

If they fixed their free Wi-Fi I'd definitely choose this hotel again, but as it stands I'm heading somewhere else (and those looking for a high-quality internet connection should do to).

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sebastian A
Reviewed 18 December 2017

We booked this hotel as part of a groupon deal & were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is out of the centre of Hamburg but on a direct bus route 112 & the buses run very regularly. We were a party of 4 adults & purchased the group travel tickets each day so for just over 11 euros a day could travel freely. The hotel rooms are a good size & both had a small kitchen area with fridge which was good. The only negatives would be that we were a party of 4, had two rooms, but 1 was on the 1st floor & the other on the 4th. Also there is no tea/ coffee supplied in the rooms & the pillows are dreadful ! There is an aldi approx 15 minute walk away from the hotel together with a McDonalds. Would definitely recommend the hotel & would stay again if we return to Hamburg but would hope they have bought new pillows if we do.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking & if two rooms ask for them on same floor !
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank utd7
Reviewed 13 December 2017

We had difficulty finding the hotel as the English page on the website was not available. So we had to get a taxi, even though the bus stops outside. The room was good with amenities such as kettle, fridge and microwave. Overall hotel was good, friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel