“Clean, great location for gay area of Berlin”
Review of Tom's Hotel

Tom's Hotel
Ranked #356 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I've stayed here before and will again this summer 2012. Very clean rooms with free bottled water and fresh fruit. Towel warmers in Bath. Great location in gay area within walking distance to many bars, restaurants. Close to train station 5 min away. Free video rentals from store next door. I enjoy the rooms overlooking the street below to see who's walking by and check out the scene. I wouldn't buy their breakfast deal/pass as I found it limiting and did better on my own. Friendly staff to me. No problem walking in and out in full leather.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms overlooking the street to check out the scene.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank pezdisney

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Right in the centre of Motzstrasse and near all the attractions of the area. The room was spacious,clean and modern. For the price paid I would definitely recommend .it. My only complaint is that it that you could hear people going up and down the stairs which could be a little annoying if you had a late night.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We wanted to stay in Tom's Hotel as we had heard about it through friends. We rented an apartment from a very attractive beefy guy and he helped us with our bags to the apartment around the corner. The apartment was tastefully decorated with an orange colour scheme - which looked great when i skyped my family with a massive brandenburg gate picture in the background!
One negative thing was that here was no air conditioning in the apartment which meant it was too hot to sleep in Berlin when it was 35 degrees. There were no screens on the windows and a lot of mosquitos which wasn't a good combination
Closeby was a PennyMarkt and the groceries were ridiciulously cheap! Also on Motzstrasse there are a couple of fun bars to go to - Scheune is a household favourite and we reminisce about our adventures there often! Don't forget to visit downstairs!
The room has lots of maps & guides for your stay and we chose to go on a Berlin Walking Tour & Tour of Sachsenhausen and both were amazing experiences

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment - the extra space was worth it
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brett L
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We are always talking and wanting to stay at this hotel and finally a week ago we are able to stay at this place for the very first time. I did the check-in before 8 PM local time considering there is no one will be available after that, according to some reviews I've read. Check in process was OK.

The staff took me to the room and I just saw a very scrappy wooden floor and before that when I enter the building smell of old carpet is sort of a compliment that I didn't want or expect. The room looks spacious because of very poor interpretation of minimalist or perhaps that is was Tom's Zen?

What I sort of failed to understand is the cheap furniture and feels like stepping into a showroom of IKEA I mean a very bad showroom I have to say. Anyway we are there and we have to bound to stay since we have paid for 5 nights.

Oh one more time, is nothing gay about the place. it could be anywhere or any kind of hotel which probably cheaper and with a better service (oh yes, with the price we have to pay, breakfast will be included) and it just a big old apartment partially turned into accommodation.

Overall is just a regular and expensive hotel and with the "gay" label to attract people with money.

Room Tip: there is no a good room or whatsoever, stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I haven't stayed in the hotel but I have stayed in the apartments twice, which are affiliated with the hotel. Both times I found the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and bright. Wireless worked well for me. They do not have a gym on premises but one is nearby and you can use the hotel card for gym access for free. The location could not be better and the price is certainly worth it. I would have no qualms about staying there again.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you cannot climb a few stairs ask for a room on ground level.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo