“Great beer selection, poor service ”
Review of Aufsturz

Aufsturz
Ranked #766 of 9,465 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: International, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Was next to our hostel, so it was convenient.
The service was terrible. It took 30 minutes to order a drink and then took a long time to get the drink. There was only one waiter for the whole place.

There are over 100 beers to chose from, which is great when wanting to try lots of different types of beer.

1  Thank Jillian F

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This pub type restaurant has a great vibe and was very busy when I went on a Tuesday night . Although busy, the servers were courteous. It did take a while to get my food but I didn’t mind too much as I wasn’t in a rush . The pumpkin soup I tried was fairly salty and the currywurst tasted awful . I got my main dish cold but the fries that came with it were hot - I think perhaps the sausage was sitting while the fries cooked . On the bright side they had a great beer selection .
Perhaps I came on an off night as the place seemed packed with locals and travellers.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I wish I could give a -5 rating. We had made a reservation at this place two weeks in advance and had told them that we are a group of 60 to 70 people. We went there and after one drink, the owner/Manager started complaining that we were "too loud". Believe me, we weren't loud, it was just that we were a lot of people in the bar. I guess we were around 70. The owner/ manager was very very rude / cruel and asked us to "leave the place" because 3 customers sitting on the other side of the bar had "problems". How ridiculous is that. I saw my friends just finishing the beer in haste as if they were drinking a bottle of water because we absolutely did felt unwanted there. We were not a bunch of teenagers who were doing any sort of hooliganism, we were talking amongst ourselves. Being thrown out of bar was absolute rubbish. This was cruel, racist and unasked for. I would not recommend this place to anyone ever. There are far better bars in Berlin.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Even though it seemed like a nice place and although we had made a reservation several weeks before, indicating we were a big group, o ve we got there and after charging us for a very big and expensive round of beer, we were thrown out for being too noisy, when the place if not for our group would be completely empty. First and last time I go to this place!!!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Ridiculous place with mediocre customer service. Food quality is below human acceptance and if you want to be treated like garbage, just go to Aufsturz, ask for a table and have a talk with one of the employees or the manager.