“Interesting concept”

Ranked #1,547 of 9,467 Restaurants in Berlin
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very nice restaurant, interesting ambiance, very good food with the innovative concept of giving you the best of a certain theme, for example the best of veal so you get several pieces of the veal, prepared in different styles. Nice and friendly service.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

so we spent an 80euro per head (incl little wine and 2c food and a few drinks); somehow, i do think its expensive and while the ewine was good but not memorable - so was the food - its all good, ok, but its somehow not in relation with the prices... I just struggle or did i miss out on a huge inflation in services...?

Reviewed 13 February 2018

It has been 3 days since we had dinner in this restaurant (Saturday February 10) and I am still not over the FIASCO of how they managed to butcher a family reunion birthday.
We made a reservation and asked a month in advance whether they could organize a birthday cake on the occasion of my mothers birthday, letting them know that we were coming from far (three different continents). They responded with a price and asked for 100% confirmation.
The restaurant is nice enough, and comfortable. Everything started well, but after ordering, things quickly went downhill. I will not argue that the food is not good, it is really delicious, but the service is non existent: the waitress was MIA, the food arrived at different times, we ran out of water, we ran out of wine, trying to get someone meant one of us actually standing up and physically looking for help. Basically, after taking our orders and until we finished eating, the waitress never came again on her own accord to ask us if we needed anything. She was nowhere to be seen . Finally, at the end of the meal, and after a long while, she came with dessert menus. My sisters and I were surprised since we had arranged for a cake, but we did not want to spoil the surprise in front of my mother by pointing it out loud, We took the menus and I discreetly asked the waitress (however my mother is no dummy) if she was not aware that we had organized a cake. She responded that she knew about the cake but thought we might want to order dessert. I told her that the cake was plenty and to simply bring it. 15 minutes later we were still seating there with no cake, no waitress and the dessert menus in our hands. When I am saying 15 minutes I mean 15, not 5. I got up and had to ask where the cake was! Two waitressed finally brought it: without any candles, without any singing, NOTHING! They simply gave us plates, plopped the cake down on the table and left. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. I need to add that no one in our party was rude or arrogant to the staff. This is not a case of retaliation. This is simply a restaurant with no service, no consideration, no heart. We tried not to ruin the moment and pretended there were candles for my mother to make a wish. I was livid inside. There are moments and occasions in life that are celebrations, for us it was coming from the USA, Europe And Africa to celebrate my mother and this stupid restaurant could not even do their little tiny part. It would have been bad enough with the terrible service, the lack of candles was the icing on the cake. TO THE MANAGEMENT I SAY: I WILL NOT BLAME THE CLEARLY "CHALLENGED" WAITRESS (by the way the restaurant was not full at all, maybe a sign...), I AM BLAMING THE MANAGEMENT, THE FACT IS THAT THERE IS NO ONE IN CHARGE OF LEADING AND SUPERVISING. TO THE CHEF: THE FOOD WAS GOOD (WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO GET IT AT THE SAME TIME) BUT YOU SHOULD FIND A NEW RESTAURANT SINCE CLEARLY YOUR SKILL DOES NOT SHINE IN A PLACE WTIH SUCH TERRIBLE SERVICE. THANK YOU FOR PARTIALLY RUINING A SPECIAL CELEBRATION. WE WALKED AWAY AFTER CHASING OUR WAITRESS DOWN TO PAY OUR BILL, CHASING HER DOWN TO ASK FOR THE CHECK AND CHASING HER DOWN TO GIVE HER THE CREDIT CARDS, WE NEVER RAISED OUR VOICES, WE NEVER SAID A BEEP, BECAUSE WE DID NOT WANT TO MAKE A SCENE IN FRONT OF MY MOTHER ON HER BIRTHDAY, BUT THIS IS CLEARLY NOT WHAT WE HAD IN MIND WHEN WE PLANNED HER CELEBRATION, WE LEFT AFTER ONE OF US WENT TO FIND OUR COATS. I AM NOT ASHAMED TO SAY THAT WE GAVE NO TIP AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTION OF EVER COMING BACK.

3  Thank Wanna-Vaycay
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Been there on Christmas Evening (25th Dec 2017) after Christmas dinner with other expats in Berlin, and we were totally in love with the place from the first moment.
Classy, elegant, professional and with top notch drinks.
It is pricey indeed, but as value for money, we were completely happy. The right new place in Berlin now.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

This was the best way to end a busy sightseeing day in Berlin. We decided to have coffee after diner somewhere else end stumbled in orania by accident. To our surprise this great looking hotel lobby with even greater atmosphere became uber loungy when a pianist started playing a top level Bill Evans repertoire. This was a rare treat. The deserts where also nice