“Great neighbourhood cafe”

Ranked #32 of 226 Quick Bites in Berlin
Neighbourhood: Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg (Borough)
Neighbourhood: Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg (Borough)
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

If you are staying near Five Elephant, you're in luck! They make amazing coffee and serve great snacks. The perfect place to sit outdoors on a summer morning, like a local, and plan your Berlin adventures.

Ordering in broken German (English) wasn't an issue.

Date of visit: May 2015

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Small and crowded but totally worth it. Best banana bread and cakes!
Great place to chill but good luck finding a place...

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 15 March 2016

When we have entered Cafe, we saw just couple of tables and many people waiting in front of counter. The place has nice vintage look. You can choose between different types of coffee, but the most delicious dish is definitely the cheesecake. Is fresh, soft and it just melt in your mouth. As cheesecake lover I can assure that this was the best cheesecake I have ever ate. Strongly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Fantastic place, friendly staff. Try the poppy seed cake. Dog friendly with bowls of water. Situated on a pleasant street, it's a very relaxing spot.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 19 February 2016

This review is of their coffee specifically because I never actually made it into the cafe. I stayed at an apartment in Berlin that happened to be stocked with Five Elephant coffee. Thinking it was just standard grocery coffee I made it the first morning and almost fainted it was so good. I don't normally faint over coffee but because I was expecting folgers and got this instead, it made quiet the impression. I demanded to know from the rental company where the coffee came from and they told me it was from Five Elephant, a local coffee shop in town. I obsessed over it so much the rental company was nice enough to give us an extra jar of it which I promptly took home to NYC after the trip and tried to make it last as long as humanly possible and cried as I took my last sip.

So basically, when you're in Berlin, go to Five Elephant, drink their coffee and appreciate how lucky you are to have experienced it.

Date of visit: January 2016