All reviews morning flight tegel airport room was clean front desk luggage elevator germany beds
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

This is a very old building. The elevator can hold 4 people tightly with no luggage or two people with luggage. Language barrier at the front desk even for the German speaking family we were traveling with. The door locks are a pain in the neck and it takes time to get into the room. The comfort of the bed is average. I have learned that washcloths are not a think in Germany and therefore not supplied. Our hosts did not have them at their house either, they offered us big sponges????? No air conditioning but the room has a pretty retro looking fan and the windows open really wide revealing a great need for service. The windows are hide letting in much light. This hotel is very close to airport so be prepared for the constant sound of jets landing. The airport does stop at 11:00pm so you can sleep. I want to say again, the room is clean.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018

This is a hotel located in a stylish 70s building that also houses a restaurant and a movie theatre/cultural center. Rooms are super-large and light and airy with enormous windows. It is convenient to Tegel and near a subway stop. Beds were super-comfortable. Breakfast was respectable. The staff are fantastic.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The staff was freindly there. I spent a night in the hotel, because it is close to the airport. There is no air traffic at night. The sound insulation of the room wasn’t so good. The bed was really big and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was better than the average. (Fresh croissant and so on)

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2018

I stayed there 2 weeks. I had no reservation. I called from the airport. They said , come on over.
I was very pleased. They were helpful, spoke good English. It was very clean, linen as well. I can only give them the highest score. Wi-Fi was good, no problems. Location great.
If I come back to Berlin, I will call on them first.i

Tove. San Diego. Ca

Room tip: I was facing Muller strasse, very quiet at nite
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We stayed at Hotel de France during our last two nights in the city. While it's a bit further out, the hotel is conveniently located to an U Bahn station and a quick cab ride to Tegel. It's also located in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood. The rooms are larger than we're typically used to and the beds are very comfortable. The hotel staff are also some of the friendliest people I've encountered! The only downside is that there is no air conditioning and there are no screens on the windows. It was pretty warm our last few days in Berlin, but when we opened the window in our room, quite a few bugs got in. Otherwise, it was an overall good experience!

Date of stay: May 2017