See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We've stayed there for a week, in the 2-bedroom apt (2 adults and 2 kids). it was very spacious and quiet.The kitchen had the basics, there was a 42" plasma TV and DVD and a small stereo. The location is great specially if you are with car (like we were), lot's of restaurants right around the corner, a supermarket really close (1 minute walk) open until 00:00.
The apartment was clean and well organized, it's an apartment building so there are also the locals, and the staff doesn't really speak English.
The place just lakes a free internet connection and parking space (both are available with extra charge).
All and all we had a great time and this apartment was part of it. Great value for money and we will defiantly come back if we are back in Berlin.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This was my second stay at Residenz Prenzelberg Apartments. This time I got a small studio in the 7th floor ( one flight of stairs). It happens to be the smallest studio in the building, but it was well equipped and we managed very well.
The problem I found was with the Internet connection, which I specifically requested when I made the reservation. Last summer I paid extra for the connection, and it worked. This year I saw that no special charge was mentioned when I reserved on line, so I sent two mails asking about it but didn't get a reply.
I decided to phone and was told that I would get a portable modem "a stick" that was free but they weren't sure if it would work.
When we arrived on a Sunday there was no stick to be found. On Tuesday I finally got a stick that didn't work.
I ended up signing in with my cellphone provider in Israel, and it cost me almost 150 euro.
I found out that there are apartments in the building that have no access to building's modem, and have to rely on the stick, that doesn't work.
For what I paid including the failed Internet connection I could have rented a much bigger apartment.
Being that I made the reservation in March, for the first week of August, with a specific request,
I think the Apartments administration had enough time, either to fix the problem or to advise me about it and recommend another apartment.
It's a pity, because I still think the apartments are practical, neat and well equipped, in a great location, but they should improve in the areas of service and communication.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We are staying in the "Grand Suite " right now. The apartment is on the 6th floor , has a living room, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. A little nook of the living room serves as a kitchen. As usual in vacation rentals don't expect a fully fitted out kitchen. There are a few pots and pans, enough to prepare a basic meal. A unusual collection of cups (4) and glasses (5). The place is clean, great beds, wifi, a very large flat screen in the living room. There is a doorman downstairs, helpful and friendly. Just next door of the building is a small grocery store, a couple of minutes away is a supermarket , open six days from 7 till midnight. If you come by car , reserve a space in the underground parking garage. Beware though , the maximum height of a vehicle is only 1,5 meters ! The subway stations is 10 minute walk, in the surrounding streets are plenty restaurants. On a next trip to Berlin we will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We were repeat customers at the Prenzlauer Berg apartments and had been very pleased in previous visits. The location is fabulous, it's in a hip and trendy neighborhood, near a Kaiser's supermarket, really good and fun area. But the apartment we had this visit was very worn. The smell of cigarette smoke was so imbedded in the apartment that it was offensive. The curtains had awkward stains on them and there was a level of wear and tear that looked like the organization was neglecting this particular apartment. The kitchen was not as well outfitted as in years past. For example, we had to go and buy a beer opener. The representative for Top Dom. didn't seem available and while we should/could have called or emailed, we were not there for a long visit so we decided to work through the issues. On the other hand, I have friends who have booked apartments in the other neighborhoods with Top Dom. and were pleased.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Last year I booked an apartment for 5 people, and we were very pleased to find that it was everything we were looking for. The apartment was super comfortable, it had two complete bathrooms, two bedrooms and a living room and dining room. And a balcony! This year I'm going with a friend to a smaller, studio apartment. The price is ridiculous when you compare it to a hotel, there's a Supermarket a block away, small but very well stocked, and the neighborhood is great, full of fun shops and restaurants.
The staff was very friendly, they don't speak English but they are helpful and you can make yourself understood with a little sign language.
Also, no fuss paying the bill.
I look forward to coming back this August.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different, according to the size of the party, the biggest room is as described, and the two bathrooms are a plus for a group this big.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family