1,353 results
All reviewstop floorbetween floorscomfort roomfree coffee and cakedressing roomlift stopsfair trades bahnevery afternoonbreakfast roomcharlottenburg areaquiet streethotel is locatedminute walkfree wifibreakfast is servedthere is no air conditioning
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We spent a week in Berlin, enjoying studio room in Hotel Otto. It has great location 200m from U-Bahn station, with lots of nice food restaurants next to it. Value for money was great and staff was always helpful and nice. Breakfast is 15€/prsn, which is too expensive, as near by coffee houses serve 2 persons easily under 13€. But they have afternoon and evenings free coffee/tea/cake at 7th floor.

I can stronly recommend this hotel, if you want good quality accommodation and you are not looking for 'normal' hotel.

Room Tip: Look for studio, its really big and has also small kitchen.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tejaask
Reviewed 27 January 2012

my husband and i stayed at hotel otto for three nights in may 2011 and had a great experience. we didn't wind up using it, but our room had a great little kitchen in addition to a nice, very clean bath and plenty of space. i always expect european hotel rooms to be super tiny and this was among the largest rooms i've stayed in anywhere. our room also had huge windows that let in lots of natural light and gave us a nice view of the street below.

coming from new york, my husband and i are always fearful of staying in the times square of whatever city we're visiting. and that was also a nice perk of being at hotel otto. we really liked the location, it felt more real and neighborhood-y, not in the heart of tourism but still very accessible to it.

our flight got into berlin fairly early in the morning, sooner than we expected to be able to check in, but the staff let us borrow a room to change our clothes and rearrange our things before leaving them at reception for the day.

oh! hotel otto also has free snacks in the afternoon, a perfect pick-me-up for the weary traveler. it wasn't quite warm enough when we were there, but there was a nice outdoor terrace to sit out on and enjoy a tea or coffee.

it was an overall great experience, one i'd definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sarahfromnyc
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Just got back from Berlin and Hotel Otto. Location is fantastic,a few minutes from Ernst Reuter u bahn,which is only one stop from the Zoo station,which is on the Airport Express line from Schonefeld.Easy with a three day berlin pass.We had comfort rooms,which we all agreed were excellent,really spacious by Euro standards.We didn't eat breakfast,we found brunch at a place called Jules Verne less than ten minutes walk away for six euros less,which was excellent.My only criticism of Otto is that because there isn't a bar and reception is away from the entrance,it felt more like apartments than a hotel.We hardly met any staff on our entire trip!When we did, they were courteous and helpful.We slept well here and the free bottled water was a nice touch.Missing the free cake in the afternoon was our only regret!Five stars if it had a bar.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank andymb100
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The best part about this hotel was the italian restaurant across the street. I arrived after 11pm which apparently the reception desk is closed. I was prompted by the man behind the buzzer what my room number was and he slid a key through a slot. There was no one at the desk to greet me just a buzz with a key. I was a woman traveling alone and did not feel safe at all by this!! There is no where that this states this is how you will be greeted. I then got to my room and wanted to get on to the internet to tell my family I was safe (even though I did not feel very safe in this hotel!) I called the reception line where they didn't understand me speaking in english and the man could not help me with the internet and told me he was hanging up the phone. RUDE customer service!! The next morning I found out that the internet does not support MAC products so beware when booking this hotel. After asking they did suggest an internet cafe 10 minutes away. The reception desk is not always available even in the daytime. Please be advised when booking this hotel. If you are okay with these things than you will find a clean hotel otherwise. I will not be staying here again. It ruined my Berlin experience! Thank you hotel otto.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Rebecca P
HotelOTTO, Leiter Front Office at Hotel OTTO, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear Rebecca,

thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I do formally apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with the obviously non-english speaking employee of the security company we work with.

On our homepage and all booking channels we work with it is clearly visible that the reception is not staffed around the clock (Reception times are from 7 am to 11 pm). Even in some comments on this site former guests have pointet that out.

The security company is an additional service for our guests in case of emergency (as written in your guest information where you found the extension of the reception).
In case of a late arrival we always suggest our guests to inform us about that so we may prepare everything that may be needed (internet access code, key for the parking lot ...).

During the day our reception staff is either at the desk or available through the phone on the reception desk. During these times of absence our staff is assisting other guests in their rooms or in the lounge.

Our internet access works with Microsoft als well as Apple computers, there is no difference in the availability or speed of connection. Usually personal settings like e.g. a firewall are responsible for internet inconnectivity.

We are very sorry that we were not abe to fulfill your expectations.

Yours sincerely,

Your hotel OTTO team

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed here over New Year and was very impressed with the hotel. Bedrooms were very large and were simple but modern, and staff were friendly and helpful. The location was perfect, with the train line (that runs through the main stations) just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Also the street the hotel is on is full of lovely restaurants, so you will never have a problem finding somewhere to eat! The hotel also provides free drinks and cakes/biscuits in the afternoon which is an added bonus!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple