1,198 results
All reviews potsdamer platz checkpoint charlie anhalter station great location check point charlie s bahn budget hotel minute walk place to sleep holocaust memorial rooms are basic easy walking distance we've stayed cold meats tourist attractions just round the corner air conditioning
Reviewed 24 April 2015

1) I called a day before we checked in since I noticed two beds were not guaranteed. I spoke with someone who said most of the beds are double and the twins are all booked. I asked him to try and help me and he did!
2) When we came we noticed the toilet paper was almost gone so I went to the reception and he turned back to a huge cupboard and gave it to me immediately...no waiting for someone from housekeeping to come on the spot!
3) My friend asked for coffee but they had no change so the girl said it will be free (she paid later but this is a great service anyway).
4) We had to make a local call for someone to pick us up to leave for the airport and we did not know how the nice guy at the reception made it for us
Beds were amazing. One downside though: construction work across the street makes noise during the day. We were on the first floor so if you open the window you hear the construction work and people talking on the street.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less noise
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank JudithTel_aviv
Frank F, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2015

Dear JudithTel_aviv,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Frank Franke-Hempel/Guest Relation Manager.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

This hotel is ideally situated close for sights, Checkpoint Charlie etc. there is a Lidl around the corner for any little snacks etc. The restaurant in the hotel has a reasonable menu if you want a quiet evening. There are a selection of snack places and a few restaurants close by. Currently there is work being carried out on the S Bahn so getting from Schonenfield Airport was a bit different. There was a shuttle bus that took you too U7 then traveled in and a 10 minute walk brought you to the hotel.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Michaela F, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2015

Dear Karen,
many thanks for your nice appraisal on Trip Advisor!
It´s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback!
Our hotel is located in the heart of Berlin, from which you can reach many attractions by walk.
I´m glad to hear, that we have convinced you of our city- location.
Best wishes from Berlin,
Michaela F. / Guest Relation

Reviewed 5 April 2015

This is the best location of an Ibis hotel in Berlin. Only a few minutes from Potsdamer Platz, Mall of Berlin, Check point Charlie & Friedrichstrasse! Services, rooms & wifi as always, very good ibis standard. After staying for years in overpriced "Kudamm and surrounding" the Ibis Potsdamerplatz is a new discovery!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Michaela F, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2015

Dear Regenerator101,
many thanks for your appraisal and the "best ibis in the town"! It´s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback!
The whole team is pleased to hear, that we have convinced you with our concept.
Best wishes to Croatia!
Michaela / Guest Relation

Reviewed 21 March 2015

Before staying in this hotel I had stayed two more times in a Ibis hotel. This time experience was not different compared to the other times: it has a good location (ca. 5-10 minutes to Postdam Platz Station, and the same distance to the Berlin Wall and Charlie Point), the rooms are simple, but clean (with hairdryer, TV, WiFi connection). However, from my room I was able to see the Berlin Wall.
i have not big reasons to complain, maybe only the fact the channels on TV are in german, so if one doesnt speack german the TV is useless; and the receptionists, who I asked three times for directions and places, and they werent able to help me at all.
So if you want nothing fancy, but a standard good hotel, with a very good location and good rates, Ibis can be an option to consider.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple