“Good location, comfortable rooms”
Review of ARCOTEL Velvet

ARCOTEL Velvet
Ranked #147 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Myself and my better half were traveling through Europe earlier this month with a few friends. We stay here during our stay in Berlin and we very pleased. It was clean and comfortable. The size of the rooms we fine and the staff friendly. The location was very central, and although the road itself wasn't that beautiful (we were right beside a squat) it was perfect Berlin vib as we left the door. If you want pretty go to Rome.. Berlin has more to offer than that!

We'd happily stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear guest,

we want to thank you for your last stay and for the time you have taken to give us a feedback. We are very pleased to hear, that you liked the the central location, our rooms and our friendly staff. Thank you for your kind note.

We wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards
Your Team from the ARCOTEL Velvet Berlin

There are newer reviews for ARCOTEL Velvet

Reviewed 6 May 2012

We buyed an offer flight+hotel and it was really cheap. I read about the bathroom inside the room in advance, so it was not a surprise. But really I don't think you should worry about that. The room was spotlessy clean, very quiet and comfortable. Very quick check-in operations. The location is great: metro and tram are just outside, a lot of restaurants and clubs in the neighbourhood. Definitely I would return!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAZZCATPadova
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I visited Berlin recently and stayed at the Arcotel Velvet in Berlin. The room was very comfortable, not exceptionally large but certainly adequate. The front desk staff was very helpful, offering advice when asked and renting us bikes for sightseeing. The only less than stellar part of the stay was the breakfast - you had to choose from a menu the night before and in the morning a bag ws provided with our selection. A much better offering was available a few doors down the street. The star attraction of this hotel? A bartender who was friendly, extremely knowledgeable, with impeccable service. He set the standard for bartenders everywhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed in a suit which was on the 7th floor excellent room with a big window so you could see for miles over the roof tops. Some furniture getting a little bit tired like the dining table. Small Kitchenet with coffe maker and cooler. The room was clean and well taken care off about medium hard bed but we slept well. The staff which we meet was very helpfull and smiling. Well located with regrads to transport as there is a underground just around the corner about 3 km from Hfb and 20 min walk to Alexanderplatz. The street where the hotel is has good restaurants, coffeshops and on the corner is a pharmacy in addition Rewe is short walk and also various bakeries.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heljarskin
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The overall experience was good however improvements could be made in terms on how they handle bookings and their house keeping effort.

I stayed here for 3 nights and have specifically requested a double room and a twin room, however by the time we reached the hotel, the front desk advised us that there were no twin room available for that day as they were fully booked (note that we arrived at 9am). I refuse to check-in and hence given the disabled person room which features twin bed and a large undvided bath room. I found this to be extremely unprofessional given that fact that I booked the hotel over 6 months in advance plus I arrived early in the morning to secure my room choice.

Location:

The location of this hotel is great, it is on the street where most restaurant opens til late. only across the street from a tram stop and subway station. (Subway Oranien-burger Tor) and only 1 station away from the large interchange station of Friedrich Station. It is also within a 10 mins reach by subway to Hackescher Market.

Security:

The hotel itself seems to be fine, the front door of the hotel will be locked after mid-night and can only be open with your door card. The hotel is located on a street with a noticeable number of prostitutes, but nothing out of the ordinary could be seen from here, just use basic pre cautions.

Services:

Service in most part are up to standard. Front desk staffs are helpful and motivated, knowledgeable when questions asked regarding local tourist attraction. The down side was I have to physically went down to the front desk when I call and request for extra toilet paper and a set of fork and knife.

Rooms, Hotel Facilities and Dinning:

The room I had was spacious cause it was intended for wheelchair user, other rooms are just average in size. The bathroom design is also rather stupid in standard room, only the toilet have a door and could be lock, the bath tab is open and with no separation what so ever with the bed.

I wasn't aware that there are any type of Facilities in this hotel, but free-wifi is a plus. However hotel wide free wifi is a bit unstable and have very poor signal strength, it is recommended to bring your own LAN cable to use the free internet in your room.

This hotel features no restaurant, however they partnered with the restaurant next door to provide breakfast service but it tasted awful.

Cleanliness:

The cleaning was up to standard, nothing to be complain about. On par with most 3 stars hotel.

Will I recommend it? If you get a good deal, than yes.

Overall this isn't a bad hotel, but with the price I paid, I expected much more than I have received. There are plenty of other options in the area. explore and you shall find better!

Room Tip: Take the disabled room is available, so much bigger and bathroom with a lock!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family