“Awesome!”
Review of The Circus Hostel

The Circus Hostel
Ranked #3 of 362 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed at a private apartment for 3 nights during the Berlin Marathon back in September 30th. It was great. We arrived early and the room was not ready we were able to store our luggage with no problem. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and nice. They spoke English and Spanish so it was great. The room was spacious, with a small dinner table a couch a comfortable bed a balcony a fridge stove microwave. I was able to cook my pre marathon dinner and breakfast in the room. I took the metro to the start line with no hassle. The restaurant in the hotel is definitely not the best but most of our meals we cooked them in the apartment by ourselves. The price can’t be better 95 euros per night. Highly recommend the private apartment and I would come back without hesitation.

Room Tip: get a private apartment
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed in a private triple room in late June. The room was great and very clean. The hall bathroom was very nice as well and always clean. The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was good. My biggest complaint was the noise from outside. Because it was summer, we had to keep our windows open so it wouldn't get too stuffy. About every 15 minutes, the tram came by right outside our window and it was soooo loud! By our third night there, we had gotten used to it but it was still very jarring. I would recommend asking for a room that is not facing the main road.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sara P
Reviewed 10 October 2012

As a female solo traveler for the first time, the security was my biggest concern. I stayed at a 6-people co-ed dorm. I must say the hostel is very secure. I'm a light sleeper too however, was able to sleep very well during my stay there. I was able to meet lots of people there, had a great time.

The staff were so knowledgeable, helpful and organized. They prepared info sheets for popular places, with bus#, departure times, stop names, train info etc, which just made my life so much easier!

The location is just fantastic. There are lots of shops, restaurants, an organic super market, a burger place nearby opens even at 4am for your empty tummy after party :) I love the boutiques stores on Rosenthaler str. You will see Hackescher Market at the end of the street, with a big area of out-door patio serving German food. Famous ice cream Amorino is nearby, which is not stated in my guide book. I met someone from Amsterdam who took me there. Folks, strongly recommended!

The hostel serves great buffet style breakfast with only 5 euro, healthy food with lots of selections. I ended up eating so much and even skipped lunches a few times.

In case you wake up so early that the hostel cafe is not open yet, my Aussie roommate and I discovered this breakfast place just across from the street. We thought that was the BEST breakfast ever. Racks and racks of different bagels, muffins, waffles, you name it. Things you can't even name are all there. They played light techno at 7am on Sunday. I just loved it, hey, welcome to Berlin :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The facilities were amazing, however waiting for the elevator was a pain in the butt and the only downside to this hostel. The bar downstairs was great, and the cafe offered very cheap meals. The staff were friendly as well. We stayed in a 10 bed room the first night and a private room for the next two nights both of which were amazing!!! I would highly recommend this hostel for a relaxing sleep and for those who like to party as it offers great bars near by!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed in a double private at Circus Hostel. It's newly renovated and spacious, although there was no TV. However, you can rent out DVD players for free from reception. The rooms don't have an ensuiteyou share a bathroom with about 6 other rooms but they are always clean and I never had to wait for a free shower.

The location is perfect and it is easy to get everywhere you want. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple