1,338 results
All reviews bar downstairs own brewery shared facilities bed dorm tram stop top floor young people location is great prenzlauer berg buffet breakfast bars and restaurants visiting berlin yogurt lockers apartment euro hallway
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed in a private triple room in late June. The room was great and very clean. The hall bathroom was very nice as well and always clean. The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was good. My biggest complaint was the noise from outside. Because it was summer, we had to keep our windows open so it wouldn't get too stuffy. About every 15 minutes, the tram came by right outside our window and it was soooo loud! By our third night there, we had gotten used to it but it was still very jarring. I would recommend asking for a room that is not facing the main road.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sara P
Reviewed 10 October 2012

As a female solo traveler for the first time, the security was my biggest concern. I stayed at a 6-people co-ed dorm. I must say the hostel is very secure. I'm a light sleeper too however, was able to sleep very well during my stay there. I was able to meet lots of people there, had a great time.

The staff were so knowledgeable, helpful and organized. They prepared info sheets for popular places, with bus#, departure times, stop names, train info etc, which just made my life so much easier!

The location is just fantastic. There are lots of shops, restaurants, an organic super market, a burger place nearby opens even at 4am for your empty tummy after party :) I love the boutiques stores on Rosenthaler str. You will see Hackescher Market at the end of the street, with a big area of out-door patio serving German food. Famous ice cream Amorino is nearby, which is not stated in my guide book. I met someone from Amsterdam who took me there. Folks, strongly recommended!

The hostel serves great buffet style breakfast with only 5 euro, healthy food with lots of selections. I ended up eating so much and even skipped lunches a few times.

In case you wake up so early that the hostel cafe is not open yet, my Aussie roommate and I discovered this breakfast place just across from the street. We thought that was the BEST breakfast ever. Racks and racks of different bagels, muffins, waffles, you name it. Things you can't even name are all there. They played light techno at 7am on Sunday. I just loved it, hey, welcome to Berlin :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The facilities were amazing, however waiting for the elevator was a pain in the butt and the only downside to this hostel. The bar downstairs was great, and the cafe offered very cheap meals. The staff were friendly as well. We stayed in a 10 bed room the first night and a private room for the next two nights both of which were amazing!!! I would highly recommend this hostel for a relaxing sleep and for those who like to party as it offers great bars near by!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed in a double private at Circus Hostel. It's newly renovated and spacious, although there was no TV. However, you can rent out DVD players for free from reception. The rooms don't have an ensuiteyou share a bathroom with about 6 other rooms but they are always clean and I never had to wait for a free shower.

The location is perfect and it is easy to get everywhere you want. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Helsinki
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My husband, 2,5 year old son and I originally wanted to stay at hotel Circus in May 2011 but they didn't have a room for us, so I managed to book the apartments that hostel Circus has on the top floor (same management for hostel and hotel Circus and they are across the street from each other).
When we arrived the staff at the reception was very helpful and fast. The apartment was gorgeous, very cool and funky. Everything was very clean and the kitchen area had everything we needed.
The balcony was also great. There was no tv, but who really needs that on vacation.
Breakfast was 5 euros "all you can eat" in their cafe downstairs, but around the hostel were many other places to eat. The hostel is also in a good/central location for reaching other places with excellent public transport or on foot.
You can also rent public transportation day tickets from the hostel, so you don't need to spend time and money buying ticket.
When we were leaving, the hostel arranged a taxi to pick us up and take to the airport, no problems at all. The cafe/bar of the hostel serves alcohol drinks as well.
Everybody, including guests, were super nice to our very energetic boy.
All in all a great and inexpensive place to stay. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family