3,592 results
All reviews checkpoint charlie family suite check point charlie great hotel quiet street separate toilet coffee machine around the corner huge room within walking distance unter den linden excellent location sitting area two blocks small balcony shower room spacious rooms
Reviewed 6 February 2019

Brilliant stay at the Mercure in Jan/Feb 19. Really impressed with all aspects of the hotel. Great location and transport links, very clean throughout, accommodating and friendly staff speaking impeccable English, enormous rooms. Really reasonably priced, no need to pay more, everything is here. Lovely stay, perfect for a weekend break in Berlin.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
H3120-GM, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We highly appreciate and value positive feedback such as yours and consider it a highlight in our daily routine as hosts. On behalf of our staff and management, we are very pleased that you gave us the highest rating. We will gladly pass along these top reviews and positive remarks on our services to the respective staff members and employees. We are very happy that you felt so comfortable with us and that you really enjoyed our amenities. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back as a guest hopefully soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2019 via mobile

We arrived early but the hotel staff were lovely and accommodated us without a problem. Initially, we thought we were slightly off the beaten track but after getting our bearings it was clear that we were in an excellent location and within walking distance to quite a number of Berlin's major attractions. We absolutely love Berlin and its people and it's one of the few places that we've visited that we will be returning to. Thanks to all the staff for making it a great experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family
H3120-GM, General Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

On behalf of my entire team as well as on a personal note, I would like to thank you for your stellar review and the great remarks on the staff. We truly appreciate positive feedback such as yours as it encourages us to stay committed to providing the best services possible for our guests. We hope to see you soon again and that our services will ensure another rewarding and enjoyable visit with us.

Reviewed 1 February 2019

This hotel is in a perfect location to visit the tourist attractions of Berlin, with one of its most famous spots, checkpoint Charlie, literally around the corner and everything else within walking distances. Even if walking doesn't appeal to you there are 2 U bahn stations very close by. Plenty of cafes, restaurants , bars and shops (Berlin Mall ) Friedrich Strasse are also located near the hotel. We spent our days out and about exploring and it was lovely to come back and relax in the hotel bar. The room we had was excellent and the bed very comfortable. Staff were very pleasant and I would not hesitate in coming back to this hotel when I return to Berlin and I would also recommend it to friends.

Date of stay: January 2019

Thank you very much for the stellar review and the lovely remarks on the room and especially on the staff. We are very glad, that you were satisfied with our hotel and our service – and you could enjoy your stay. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience - we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 30 January 2019 via mobile

Lovely hotel
Well situated for walking as a tourist around the wonderful city of Berlin
Good bar
Comfortable room with sitting area for a very reasonable price
Most of all extremely helpful staff
Thoroughly recommend

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the highest marks and the excellent feedback. It is of great importance to us that you were satisfied with our services. The high ratings and positive remarks on the staff made us very happy and after I gladly passed on both results to my team, I would like to say a sincere “thank you” on their behalf.

We hope to welcome you as our guest soon again.

Reviewed 29 January 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with husband and 2 year old daughter for my birthday and could not be happier with this hotel. Very clean and spacious rooms. Helpful and friendly staff. And location was excellent for sight seeing. Great little bonuses like picking things for mini bar and relaxing in the sauna. Nice and reasonable priced bar too. I would definetely recomend to friends and if back in the city would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
H3120-GM, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2019

Dear 539lynseym
Thank you very much for your kind review and rating!
We would love to welcome you back in the future and thank you for your recommendation
Sincerely