“Excellent German food -- good prices!”

Restaurant Berlinchen
Ranked #491 of 9,384 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: USD 8 - USD 23
Cuisines: German
Neighbourhood: Schöneberg
Neighbourhood: Schöneberg
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We were looking for a restaurant with authentic German food and found this one using Trip Advisor, actually. It was also close to our hotel as we didn't want to go too far that night. We ordered the Nurnberger bratwurst which we love! The place was full, so we were seated at a table with a man on a weekend holiday from Nice, and later, another man on a work assignment from his tech company in the UK. We had an interesting conversation with both and enjoyed it very much. The food was excellent!

I was aware that they don't take credit cards. That's good information to know as we don't always have a lot of cash on us! I missed the sign on the door about not using cell phones. I did take my cell phone out at one point briefly, but after, was glad I put it away and didn't get in trouble for that. Perhaps, the owner could be a little more gentle with people who inadvertently do that. I would definitely go there again. Although the owner seemed a bit stern, it was fine. German waiters are sometimes like that! Efficient and no nonsense. Overall, a good experience, and I wished we had found this place sooner as we left the next day. I would have gone back there again, for sure!

1  Thank Pushkatrina

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Good German and homemade food. Nice service has been offered from the beginning. Great range of food can be found on the menu. Don’t expect burgers or pizza...
Recommended place to be

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Nice little place, food quite good as well. If the two grntlemen running it would just smile a bit more often.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Very nice and welcoming atmosphere, simple and forward menu of German dishes with reasonable prices and great service.

Nice and calm street, where's also possible to sit, nice and cosy inside too. Many locals seem to eat here, always a good sign.

Cash payment only, tip not included in prices. And there's a sign not to use your mobile in the restaurant, which I find a quite welcomed idea.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Our hotel recommended we try this restaurant and we were happy to do so as it was our first night and we were really tired after a very early start,
It was close to our hotel and looked cosy and inviting on a damp dreary early evening. We had not made a reservation but just pitched up and they kindly found us a table and provided us with drinks.
As we perused the menu I noticed a sign over my friends shoulder saying no mobile phones and was pleasantly surprised - not a problem for us at all.
I ordered the goulash and mash and it was filling and tasty, in fact the mash was amazing.
The restaurant had some interesting art and collections of owls, everywhere you looked something different caught your eye, which I quite liked.
As the evening wore on the restaurant got very busy so our advice is to arrive early if you have not booked.