“Valuer for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #233 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
Moscow
“Valuer for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

The hotel is in Kurfunstendamn area. Not very expensive. Unlike other Park Inn hotels it does not have tea/coffee in room, Internet is not free. So the level of service is very moderate. We have ordered many thing on ebay to be delivered to the hotel address. I'm very thankful to the hotel staff that they have stored all of them and kept until we arrived.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

We decided to stay at this hotel because we got a very good offer. The hotel is located within walk distance from Fehrbelliner Platz and Hohenzollern Platz subway station. There are some nice restaurants and cafés nearby (ex: Weyers).
The hotel staffs are nice, the room is modern and clean, and the bed is comfortable. However internet service is available with extra cost and all TV channels are in german.
We stayed 3 nights at this hotel, and we had a good time.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kangdamz
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

We spent a week at this hotel just after Thanksgiving and couldn't have been happier with the service. Anna Marie was particularly helpful, but her great customer service attitude and enthusiasm were evident in all of the staff. Our room on the 5rh floor had a little balcony and we loved being able to open the window or door to cool the room at night. Having never been to Berlin before, we picked the hotel primarily for price but found the location was good, especially for the neighborhood. Our restaurant recommendation would be Hamlet, turn right out the front door and then walk 2 blocks north and not quite 2 blocks east - by the 3rd day they were treating us like regulars! Overall, it was the hotel staff that made our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Cheadle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

A group of 5 stayed here for 3 nights. I booked here because of good reviews and a great rate on offer on the Park Inn website for 2 Junior suites. On arrival we checked in, just a short walk from the U7 station. The rooms were very spacious and had really comfy beds. There are large balconies with a bit of a view. Facilities in the room werespotless and even ran to slippers.. The 5th guest had booked a standard twin room for single occupancy so was surprised to find himself in the ONLY single room in the building (118 by the way-- you know you have the short straw if they give you this room) He also had much poorer facilities but we decided not to complain as the suites were better than anticipated.

The breakfast was very good and really hit the spot (12 euro),there was a good choice of hot and cold meats and fruit and pastries and the staff were very obliging and welcoming.

Locally the area has loads of bars and restaurants which offer consistant quality and value as well as a friendly welcome. Of particular mention was one ,turn right from the hotel, right at the lights and walk by the blue water pipe and there is a bar serving JEVER with a big Jever sign outside, the clientelle is local and the welcome superb,cheap beer and food and loads of atmosphere,I could really get to like that place.

where it let us down was that I was presented with the bill on departure which I duly paid but as I was in a hurry I did not realise that I had been overcharged by over 400 euros for a 3 day stay!!.When back in the uk I phoned the hotel only to be told to ring back the next day(today) I decided to email but had not had any reply by lunchtime. I did not want to ring germany on a mobile as the charges are high and it was me who had alredy been overcharged. I therefore rang Park Inn's UK booking service who were very unwilling to help me until I put considerable pressure on them. I was then transferred to Germany and the hotel where I spoke to the reservations manager who seemed very confused by the whole situation even though I had sent copies of my original bookings to him via email.

As I write I am not sure if i have managed to get my overcharge refunded and I did not even raise the problems about the single bed in the standard twin room.

The hotel is almost there--but be carefull as the booking system andallocation is not robust. I have to say i would be unsure of staying here again. I play a straight game and don't feel I should have to complain to put things right--they should be done right in the first place.

Room Tip: Avoid 118, junior suites great but check the bill and take proof of your rate