3,758 results
All reviews large pool great hotel main building spa area sauna and steam room zoo station nespresso machine deluxe room free wifi minute walk breakfast buffet modern hotel the air conditioning tegel airport public transport city break comfortable rooms
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed 6 nights at this hotel on a business trip. Check in was smooth and the room was ready when I arrived. Rooms where clean and well maintained and the staff are pleasant and friendly.
Drinks in the bar each night where week served and reasonably priced.
I would recommend staying here again when in Berlin.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Bianca F, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Rod, many thank for your lovely feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Autumnal regards, Jessica
Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is an older German hotel taken over by Pullman It prides itself on its Bauhaus tradition and decor which is absolute simplicity and no frills.The white giraffe that peers over the entrance door is quite extravagant and breaks the Bauhaus monotony.
The reception is businesslike and don't expect anyone to see you to your room or to explain how things work. The room is functional and they gave me one overlooking the zooend of Tiergarten so i had lots of green tops to look upon .
The service was efficient and breakfast was included in the room price
The Ac was difficult to monitor and control but the ability to open the windows was a good thing

Room Tip: Zoo views give a view of the trees of Tiergarten
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your detailed summary of stay. I highly appreciate your feedback and please be sure that I will forward your review to our front office manager, beacuse the impression you received upon check-in does not meet our usual welcome standards and I sincere apologize that nobody has accompanied you or explained something about us. This is definitively something we will evaluate critically. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Regarding the A/C I am very sorry as well but I am pleased that we do already work on this problem and I am quiet sure we will simplifies the current A/C system soon. It was a big pleasure to have you with us and I am grateful for your rating. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely, Jessica
Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My review is for marathoners thinking of booking Pullman. Hotel is well appointed, and staff are friendly, but absent a few changes, be prepared for some frustration.

CONS
- Uninformed About Marathon. 44,000 runners land in Berlin and this hotel is walking distance to the start. Yet, no one knew how to direct us to the start line, nor an easy suggestion for exiting the race. *** fyi. Make a wrong turn in the finisher area and it’s MORE than a 5km+ walk back. *** (The official race hotel - Intercontinetal - is a block away.) Pullman could do great things for its guests if they did some research about the race course and race weekend itself. Every guest likely connected to the marathon and the hotel seemed to have no clue about even the most basic marathon prep.

- Runners Need Simple Food. Pullman had no pasta or other similar dishes on menu. The “small bites” menu even worse. No light options suitable for racers from the Blend restaurant.

- no simple breakfast options. Another easy one and yet missed it here too. €30+ for coffee, half a roll, and a banana is a steep start to race day.

- Spa. Pullman takes no responsibility for the spa. It’s a separate company, and if something goes awry the hotel staff will (or can) do nothing, even as a courtesy. Could learn a thing or two from the Ritz which allows for staff to manage customer issues directly. I was offered a drink coupon. Why even have managers if all anyone can do is hand out a printed card. Note - 50% spa cancellation fee is not mentioned.

- Guest internet is VERY slow. So slow, almost better just to use cellular. Frustrating because hotel does have a premium internet access. Better would be for one weekend to upgrade access.

PROS
- great location - walking distance to start; walking distance to zoo.
- there is a 24hr bodega nearby (though staff had no clue about it). Exit hotel, go left, about 500m.
- More boutique-y, friendly staff - good guests - good energy. Really nice rooms. Comfy robes. Ask for room with a bathtub if you want a post-race bath, else you may get a shower-only room.

With a little bit of foresight, the Pullman could be an awesome Berlin marathon hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your detailed summary and your feedback. If your times allow another separate e-mail I would be very grateful if you would contact me again at jessica.roehner@accor.com

I can absolutely see your points and I am totally with you. Nevertheless I am very surprised about some facts you have mentioned. Your comments are very helpful for me and I really like to be in contact with you to analyze the issue and to change something in regards to the marathon to avoid future occurrences next year. Many thanks for your feedback, because only through comments like yours, we are able to continuously improve our service & product standards and anticipate the needs of our clients.

Once again I sincere apologize for the inconveniences and I hope you will give us another chance to convince you and to better serve you next time. We would be very pleased to welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is gorgeous and the staff are so friendly and accommodating. A giraffe welcomes you as you walk in and the decoration is very trendy. The rooms are large with complementary bottled water. We didn’t get to the pool but hear it is big. The underground is a 5 minute walk away and the area is lovely.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback which we highly appreciate. It is a great pleasure for all of us to hear, that you enjoyed your stay in Berlin and at our hotel, and I am very happy that we were able to fulfill your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back again. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I checked in for a single night at the Berlin Pullman over the weekend. I’m a platinum Accor member and usually, I’m welcomed to any Accor hotel I stay at with upgrades and other amenities such a fruit in the room, chocolates, complimentary wine etc. However, when I checked in to the Berlin Pullman there was no welcome, no acknowledgement for my loyalty to the Accor group and no welcome drink (which I get even at an Ibis). I had to ask the reception for the bar voucher which made me feel somewhat cheap.

There are a number of reviews in TA that point out that the reception staff are not very friendly and unfortunately, I have to agree.

When I travel, I only stay at Accor group hotels and the Berlin Pullman lets the group down. The people at this hotel need to visit the Pullman in Dubai to understand what great service is all about. It’s a shame, as the Berlin Pullman is a beautiful hotel in a great location.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear Tony, first of all I'd like to thank you a lot for your booking at Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof and also for taking the time to share your impressions with us. I have to admit that I am very surprised about your review, because even if you have read some other critical comments, your experiences doesn't meet our usual service standards at all. I really like to figure out what went wrong during your stay, as it is always our highest goal to make the stay of our guests as pleasant and comfortable as even possible. I sincere apologize for the negative experiences you made and I regret the negative impression you received. To analyze the issue I would be very grateful if you would send me a personal e-mail with your full name and the period of time where you have stayed with us. My e-mail address is jessica.roehner@accor.com and it would be very helpful for me.

Once again I apologize for the inconveniences and I hope you will give us another chance to convince you and to better serve you next time. We would be very pleased to welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,