Arco Hotel
Hotel De Ela(Berlin)
  • Room Service
Hotel Artim(Berlin)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmall hoteltree lined streetu bahnshort walkquiet areakadeweleafyschonebergwifineighborhoodpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2009

My partner and I stayed in the Arco for four nights on our first trip to Berlin. We booked the Arco in advance by email, and got a rate of 79 Euro per night, which we thought was quite a good deal.

As others have noted, the Arco is slightly worn around the edges but has compensating virtues. The location is very good, quite near the Ku'damm and Gedächtniskirche, and yet the street is quiet and the neighborhood homey. Our room was not elegant but had very high ceilings and opened onto the courtyard -- of all the places we stayed in Germany, the Arco was the quietest.

Friendly, helpful staff; cheap internet connection; good bikes available for rent. We'd stay in the Arco again.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jdwalker
Reviewed 1 February 2009

We spent almost one week in Arco Hotel.

We enjoy the hotel :
- room are clean and simple
- silent
- good breakfast
- helpfull and simpathatic staff

The location is very convenient, very close to the U2 metro line. It is easy to visit Berlin from the hotel with the public transportation.

I can definitively recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TCARBONNEL
Reviewed 14 April 2008

Good , small hotel. Helpful staff. Great location.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 22 February 2008

I booked to stay at this hotel from 20-22 of Feb.
I had to cancel a couple of days beforehand & was told I would have to pay 80% of the cost if the room remained empty.
I rang the hotel on the 21st & asked if a room was available & was told the hotel was full.
I was still charged the 80% rate.
I feel this practise is very dishonest

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank patinthebush
Reviewed 23 January 2008

Excellent small hotel in an excelent location. Booking was simple via email direct to the hotel, got a good rate too. The directions to the hotel were good and we found it no bother from the main Zoo Garten station. The reception staff were friendly and helpful providing maps and directions to the nearest u bahn stations etc. The room was really clean and comfortable, free use of the room safe and great shower. The bed was a bit hard for me and my only dissapointment was the pillows were awful - really small, flat and uncomfy.

The hotel is well placed for the KaDeWe dept store, the Ku'Damm and minutes from 2 U bahn stations (Wittenbergplatz and Viktoria Luise Platz). We got a welcome card each in the airport for 16euros each (48 hours) and travelled all over - it was well worth the money.

Breakfast was typically continental (No fry up here !!) but the coffee, juice, fruit etc was good - I just can't face ham, cheese and cake for breakfast ?! No tea/coffee tray in room but you could buy them from reception.

I'd definitely go here again and recomend to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple