“Feels like home !!”

Ranked #278 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
New Zealand
“Feels like home !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2009

I arrived at the Hotel Arco on 14 June after a morning flight from London. Taking the short walk from the U Bahn to Hotel Arco, the walk made me feel like I was at home; birds chirping, leafy green trees and no traffic noise.. Nothing like London, which I had just arrived from !! I have stayed at Hotel Arco 2 times before, so knew exactly what to expect and I wasnt disappointed. Had a friendly welcome from the hostess and as usual, nothing was too much bother for her. My room on the 4th floor, was lovely and clean, peacefeul and quiet. The room had a tiny bathroom, but this was never a problem, it had everything I needed. The breakfast was lovely and exactly how I remembered it previously, a wide selectiopn of cold meats, lovely breads, fresh coffee, eggs and yoghurts. I had a lovely stay and to me, I would never consider staying anywhere else in Berlin.. Thank you so much !

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Musclebearnz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

My partner and I stayed in the Arco for four nights on our first trip to Berlin. We booked the Arco in advance by email, and got a rate of 79 Euro per night, which we thought was quite a good deal.

As others have noted, the Arco is slightly worn around the edges but has compensating virtues. The location is very good, quite near the Ku'damm and Gedächtniskirche, and yet the street is quiet and the neighborhood homey. Our room was not elegant but had very high ceilings and opened onto the courtyard -- of all the places we stayed in Germany, the Arco was the quietest.

Friendly, helpful staff; cheap internet connection; good bikes available for rent. We'd stay in the Arco again.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jdwalker
Lyon, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2009

We spent almost one week in Arco Hotel.

We enjoy the hotel :
- room are clean and simple
- silent
- good breakfast
- helpfull and simpathatic staff

The location is very convenient, very close to the U2 metro line. It is easy to visit Berlin from the hotel with the public transportation.

I can definitively recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Well managed hotel, clean and quiet
  • Disliked — Room decoration is a bit limited
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TCARBONNEL
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2008

Good , small hotel. Helpful staff. Great location.

Stayed April 2008
Lodon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2008

I booked to stay at this hotel from 20-22 of Feb.
I had to cancel a couple of days beforehand & was told I would have to pay 80% of the cost if the room remained empty.
I rang the hotel on the 21st & asked if a room was available & was told the hotel was full.
I was still charged the 80% rate.
I feel this practise is very dishonest

Stayed February 2008