The Westin Grand Berlin
  • Room Service
USD 109*
USD 101*
3,034 results
All reviewsbrandenburg gategrand staircaseheavenly bedunter den lindengreat locationgarden viewmuseum islandlobby barwithin walking distanceper dayconcierge servicefive star hotelmajor attractionscentral locationholocaust memorialaround the cornerbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Westin was in a great location. We were only minutes walking distance away from the Brandenburg Gate and many other attractions. There were plenty of restaurants around the corner as well as cafes and trinket shops. The staff was very helpful and friendly and actually helped us out when we forgot some clothes when we checked out. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Berlin.

Room Tip: You are in Berlin; don't worry about a room with a view. Get out and explore!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Westin_Grand_Berlin, Executive Office at The Westin Grand Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

We thank you so much and hope you will come back to us! The Westin Grand Berlin Team, Andrea W.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed back in December and still cannot sing the praises of this hotel enough. They really have something special.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I enjoyed staying in this hotel. Overall, the service, food and attention to detail I found to be on par with best in class hotels. Also, the hotel is very close to many of the main attractions of the city (within walking distance).

One important incidence however left a bitter taste in my mouth. Before going to bed one night I requested an early morning wake up call with the appropriate hotel staff. I emphasized that I had to attend a very important business breakfast meeting in the morning, and that they should not forget to wake me up. I was given emphatic assurances that there should not be any problem.

Lo and behold, I never received a wake up call from the hotel staff, woke up late and missed my meeting!

When I called the hotel staff to ask why I was not awakened, I was told by the person answer. When I pressed to state that the phone could not have rung as it was right to my bed and that I was a light sleeper, she then changed the story to mention that she did try to call me, but that ended up receiving a message that I had already checked out.

I found this to be inexcusable. I did have the nagging feeling that something was not right and that something was missing. This person could have easily verified with the front desk if I had indeed checked out!

It was really embarrassing to later apologize to my business contacts for not being able to live up to my commitment.

I never received any apology or even a call from any of the hotel staff to offer any regrets on this oversight! This was the only time this happened to me during all of my business travels across various countries

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Shankar C
Westin_Grand_Berlin, Executive Office at The Westin Grand Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear guest, the most important thing to us is: you enjoyed your stay! We thank you very much and for informing in regards to your critical points here on Tripadvisor. Of course we have tried to find out what did happen. Indeed we tried to wake you up in the morning and nobody answers the call. That's why we gave you a message. This was not the best solution. Indeed we did not handled professional further and we regret that you did not get even an excuse for the inconveniences. We really hope that you will accept our sincere apology at this place and you can be assured that we will evaluate with our staff. SHould you give us a second chance we would be pleased to offer and convince you of our high level of service. Your WEstin Grand Berlin Team, Andrea W.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Berlin has many great hotels and this is one of them. I stayed for one night at the magnificent Westin Grand at a short trip to Berlin in December.
The service at the reception was excellent and helpful. As soon as you step into the lobby the greatness embraces you with it's old style flair.The location of the hotel is great, only a few steps from public transport, in the middle of a shopping area and very close to the museums, the Brandenburg gate and many other landmarks.
Pricing of the rooms is excellent and the only little downside are the overcharged prices for food and drinks in the lobby. Nevertheless you'll get a great hotel at an excellent rate.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank marcnicolas
Westin_Grand_Berlin, Executive Office at The Westin Grand Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

We thank you so much indeed for your visit here and also for your evaluation - so nice fo us to hear that you were impressed by the hotel and the service. All the more we are like to do our job and to do all for our guests. The Westin Grand Berlin expects you during your next Berlin trip - Andrea W.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed in the Westin Grand for one night this January, for business during Trade Fairs time - so capacity and Berlin itself was to the full limit.This said the Westin and its staff ensured that the hotel was an oasis of efficient and friendly calm. The hotel is located not far from the action of hip and happening Mitte and is well located for a variety of shops and cafes.
Check-in was fast efficient and friendly, the room I had was large spacious and clean, the only small draw back was that during the night the room temperature was a little too warm and it was impossible to turn down the heat, it also seemed that my colleagues had the same experience during their stay too. Still this is a minor point. The bathroom was also large, clean and the shower had good water pressure. The style of the rooms is not really hip and happening and is the standard/typical 'Corporate' style room, this said it was no big deal for me as everything was clean and worked!!

I did not have breakfast in the room so can't comment on that, but did have drinks in the lobby bar which was fine for a quick catch up with colleagues before setting off for dinner. The service was good and the drinks and small bar snacks were tasty.

The check out experience was also good, fast, efficient and smooth.

I would definitely stay here again for business, though if I was visiting the city for personal reasons, I would probably go for a hotel that was slightly smaller and with a more contemporary style.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Westin_Grand_Berlin, Executive Office at The Westin Grand Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you so much for your your detailed comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in Berlin and our hotel and we regret your inconveniences with heating; of course we will monitoring that issue. We are looking forward to your next visit and will do our utmost to convince you with our service. Yours Westin Grand Berlin Team, Andrea W.