“Authentic North Indian Village style food with love”
Review of Haveli

Haveli
Ranked #32 of 9,300 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Schöneberg
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing North Indian Village style food in Berlin.clean family run business.great value,excellent friendly service and mouth watering food.many Thanks for welcoming me with friendly service and excellent food.
Big thanks for best home made Chai
Keep up the good work ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Dsj Melbourne

Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Was on a long trip to Germany and homesick so was looking for some nice Indian food and this just hit the spot! This is very close to the kind of food you get in India (because the chef is also from India). Buffet is really adequate and reasonably priced as well because other Indian restaurants charge alot for simple dishes. If you want a taste of India in Berlin, this is your spot!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Very cosy family restaurant. Dishes are super and service made by the owner was great.
Highly recommended to those who like Indian cuisine.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Ate there last night with an Australian friend of mine. I eat a lot of Indian cuisine and this was better than most. I had the chicken Biryani, and my friend the mutton vindalo. Botzh were more than acceptable. Waiters were friendly but reserved as I like i8t. All in all, a nice experience. Would reccommend them.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

What a disappointment - either this is some sort of joke that I just don't get or else there is something very suspicious about Trip Advisor's ranking system. I just cannot for the life of me work out why it has got so many 4 and 5 star reviews.

We chose this restaurant based on the fact that it was the top rated Indian in Berlin and wasn't too far from our hotel, but this was probably one of the worst Indian meals I have had. The high expectations only made it feel worse, but looking back I think I have only had one or two worse Indian meals out of hundreds.

The restaurant is an unprepossessing little place, a bit off the beaten track and would not score well for décor or ambience. It could do with a lick of paint. This aspect I could forgive if the dining experience was up to scratch.

We had papadams to start - these were small and a bit charred, but palatable.
For our main course we chose murg tikka masala, murg jalfrezi and aloo gobi - all three of which were indistinguishable in terms of texture and colour. I would defy anyone to tell me in a blind tasting, which was the jalfrezi and which was the tikka masala. Totally unlike anything I've had before and not in a good way. The sauces were very bland, basically tomato with just a hint of spice, not horrible, just very, very average. The accompanying peshwari naan was also very poor, with a minimal amount of filling and tasted more of just plain bread than anything.

Service was OK, if not exactly with a smile.

There must be dozens of better Indian places to eat in Berlin than this, surely???

3  Thank davidahough