“Great place to stay in Berlin”

COSMO Hotel Berlin Mitte
Ranked #57 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Paris
“Great place to stay in Berlin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

A good location in Berlin, close to the Museums, excellent breakfast, very nice spacious room, very pleasant staff. I would certainly go back again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I just came back from a great 5 days trip to Berlin, and I must admit that part of my satisfaction is definitely due to the perfect stay at the Cosmo hotel.
From the moment we checked in to when we left, we received outstanding customer service and totally trusted the knowledgeable staff at the reception desk for tips on the city and its restaurants and venues.
The room was comfortable and well equipped, with super comfy beds and plenty of space. Amazing breakfast- one of the things I always pay lots of attention whenever I am in a hotel-, with great variety and lots of fresh options. Generally speaking, a modern, clean space with a relaxed atmoshere, walking distance to lots of places and 2 minutes from a metro station. The only things I would improve would be the gym- really tiny and dark- and the lack of international channel's options on telly. I would most definitelty recommend this hotel and would consider going back during any future visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quite as away from main road.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

A very nice small and cosy hotel in a quite neighbourhood of Berlin, just near the Mitte centre.
Just opposite the metro with a very good line (U2) and in walking distance of all the museums.
The rooms are a little small, but the bathroom is really big and comfortable.
I have to mention the front desk staff! They were all of them very friendly, polite and well aware
of the city facilities, the events and the transporation. Very professionnal indeed!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

The stay was amazing. The hotel was perfectly placed and very reasonable - 233 euros for two nights for two people including breakfast. As soon as I entered the hotel and met the reception team I knew our stay would be good. The hotel was immaculate. The smiles on the faces of the staff when they greated us were very sincere. They made us feel weclome, asked where we were from, first time in belrin etc. They upgraded us to a junior suite without hesitation. A great start. I just loved the room, spacious, well equipped,contemporary. 5 star room without a doubt. The view was perfect from our corner suite. The bed was large and very comfy. Lots of hanging space, mini bar etc. The bar and the restuarant was very modern, cool music playing in the backbground - just a perfect vibe. The hotel was very relaxed and all the staff super friendly. I just loved the late breakfast until 2pm and the late check out at 2pm. Why can't all hotels operate a more relaxed policy like this. The team at reception were the most helpful I've ever met in a hotel, recommending and booking restuarants, organising site seeing tickets and other requests. My thanks to them for making my stay just the best ever. I dont think I've ever given a full 10 out of 10 for a hotel review. This is the first. I will be rebooking when I revisit berlin

Room Tip: they were all good from what I could see.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John H
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We booked our stay at COSMO over New Years and got a good deal considering how expensive some of the hotels are in Berlin around this time.
The hotel is just outside of some of the more major attractions, but close enough to easily walk to all the museums (very close) and Brandenburg Gate as well as Potsdamer Platz (maybe 15-20 minute walk). Subway station is just across the street which will also take you to Potsdamer Platz in no time.
The hotel is very modern without being too modern (=still comfortable!). Breakfast was included in our deal and I highly recommend it, even if you have to pay a little extra. Great buffet and eggs to order, fresh ingredients from local organic farmers.
The room we had was great and well insulated, which is nice as it's on a potentially busy street.
Hotel staff was always friendly and happy to help. Free WiFi only in the lobby, that's a bummer.

Room Tip: Higher up is always good, hotel is located on a busy street but the rooms were well sound insulated...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple