“Vacation ”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It is a Michelin 2 star restaurant, which gives it a lot of prestige. They deliver a lot of creativity and flavor, but they are not flexible and do not listen to customers. I booked in advance, on the day of travelling I made the confirmation (rule, and if we do not attend they charge the night via credit card that we must present in the reservation). So at the confirmation, I warned that I'm allergic to garlic and they promptly took note. On arriving the chef's first surprise and for me without garlic, for my husband, original recipe. I was happy ... on ordering, all the dishes had garlic in the preparation and they could not do anything to attend to me.
Conclusion: my dinner were some tapas and the dessert. Disappointed.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We had visited „Reinstoff“ a couple of times over the last three years, always leaving with the same positive impression, as of yesterday, a perfect evening in a relaxed atmosphere where wines not showing up in the top ten reviews are matching the menu second to none while each course of the menu is a new surprise for the pellets and in combination there is no other place in the star world of Michelin that I have visited so far that matches the same combination of no names with excellent ingredients and preparations and hereby creating a superb sensational experience the same way. In case you do expect perfection defined as old school presentation and service in a very formal way this isn’t your place to be - in case you like to get all essentials mixed with a bit of familiarity, I’m sure that this will become your place of choice.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Interesting retaurant room and precise and professional service. Two tasting menus and you choose from 5 Courses and up. Wine pairing at reasonable price. We found that the meat dishes were truly excellent while fish and seafood offerings were not as exciting. The wines in the wine pairing very well choosen and interesting. Service very rapid and professional but lacked warmth and the personal touch that is hard to define but you notice when present. Also very hurried and no time to rest between servings. The feeling was a Little like they wanted the guests to eat up and get out. When giving the bill also informed that service was not included. That is a no no in top class restaurants and should be dealt with by manegement. In summary not value for money as is now.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I went there with my boyfriend to celebrate a special occasion. We went for the faraway menu and 5 dishes each.
Even if this is the short menu, The amount of food was enough and the dishes were generally tasty and interesting - the lobster was excellent.

I missed that the waiters expained a little more the dishes and how to eat them, which is something that in Michelin stars it is quite common and useful.

Very good detail the tapas offered by the restaurant as a starter and desert. Very good service.

All in all, it is a good restaurant, but most of the dishes lack the wow factor.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Celebrated my wife’s birthday with a 7 course meal, at this intimate fine dining establishment. There was 7 of us. The food was generally very good & well presented(desserts sensational ) ,but lacked the wow factor. Service was impeccable, with Maria outstanding.
Personally I found the seating in middle of smallish room , a little less than ideal (I would have preferred more privacy); given it was a 3 1/2 hour meal.
Probably best for couple or smaller groups. Prices whilst expensive, compares well with other 2 star Michelin restaurants

1  Thank sodesa