“Small but great”

Price range: USD 11 - USD 27
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Schoneberg
Description: Cozy local Austrian restaurant. A limited menu (weekly changing) with terrific food that tastes so good, it will keep you coming back. A must in Berlin. And every monday ypu can meet your schnitzel boddies at Sissi, come to celebrate the most favorite dish - the Viennese Schnitzel (veal, pork or veggie version).
Berlin, Germany
“Small but great”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This small restaurant in the heart of the gay district is really recommendable. The coice is limited, but the meals offered are all worth to fall for. The Frittaten-Suppe is a must, and whether you thake the Schnitzel or the Gulasch, you will not make a mistake. The wine recommendations are something to follow. And do not forget to taste the Palatschinken for desert. Closes at 10 pm, and as it is tiny, get there early or make a reservation.

Visited October 2011
4 Thank PlatoBerlin

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Netherlands
“Schnitzels as they should be”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We ate here after it was recommended to us by a friend living in the area. We heard it was the place to be for a good dinner and he was right. The weather was still nice this time of year so we were lucky to get a table outside where we could do our people watching. Service was good and friendly, too. I appreciated it when they actually brought out an English-language menu, which made it easier for my partner.
The veal schnitzels are excellent; so are the garnishings. The bread brought out as a starter was delicious too and could have almost served as a meal unto its own! This is a great place to sit down and relax too after a long day at work or sightseeing. The neighbourhood is charming, so the atmosphere both here and in the area is great.

• Visited August 2011
London, United Kingdom
“DO NOT BOOK THIS RESTAURANT, AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICES!”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I booked the private room for 15 people at this the restaurant 4 months in advance and liaised with them on many occasion however after 8 weeks they just decided to cancelled my reservation for no reason and with out contacting me. I tried to follow up with them and was told that my reservation was never confirmed even though i have emails confirming my booking. It was the manager martin who I dealt with who in the end became ver rude. I urge you not to dine at the restaurant if you value customer service!!!

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICES!

• Visited September 2011
5 Thank Lisa M
Berlin, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice food friendly and professional service”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Good food, Austrian cuisine, Amazig dessert and professional service.

• Visited September 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Remembered me how good Schnitzel can be!”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

A small, cozy restaurant with warm decoration and friendly atmosphere.
After eating many many bad schnitzels over the past couple of years, I was hesitant to try one again.. However, I'm so glad I did! Very tasty and mooore than enough! Even though my belly was full, I still shared an Apfelstrudel with my boyfriend. The thing was HUGE but absolutely great. What more can I say? Just a really fun place to eat with great food.

Ein klein, gemütlich Restaurant mit eine warme Raumgestaltung und ein freundliche Atmosphäre.

• Visited July 2011