All reviews checkpoint charlie around the corner great location unter den linden check point charlie walking distance recommend this hotel minute walk hotel is perfect beds were very comfortable u bahn central location would stay again clean hotel pleasant stay main attractions metro station
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Quite central and spotlessly clean. Really good for a city break. Everything is within walking distance or a short train ride or hop on hop off bus. We really enjoyed the Christmas markets. KaDeWe shopping centre is really worth a visit even just to look in the food floor.

Room Tip: We had courtyard view and was very quiet
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Good hotel, walking distance to Checkpoint Charlie and 2 min to the tube BUT I forgot something in my room really valuable for me and, despite the fact that I called them and sent an email on the same afternoon, they didn't find anything in the room (which is quite impossible because it was there!!). Really disgusting situation. It seems that someone decided that it had a new owner...

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank 12anna6
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

So. What a great stay.

THE GOOD

Centrally located and close to everything.

Polite and courteous reception.

Well presented, neat and tidy.

Comfy bed. Good pillows.

Can get room dark when curtains are closed. Great for sleep ins.

THE OK

I had one of the basic rooms. Suitable for one person with one case but if there were two in the room it would have been very squeezy.

Good bathroom, but found the water temperature temperamental. Hot and freezing.

THE BAD

only had a single doona cover. When you are 2m tall it is difficult to sleep under. The hotel does not have larger doonas. The hotel does not get warm enough to sleep without.

The cleaners kept opening my window. So I would return late at night to find my room
At 0 deg. Not happy. Reception put a stop to it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We found our room to be small, but clean and modern. The location is fabulous, right around the corner from Gendarmenmarkt (where there is a great Christmas market) and Checkpoint Charlie. Staff were very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I was a little uncertain what to expect given some of the reviews. Am in my room at the moment and other than the lack of TV channels aside from the news in English what is not to like? If you book in advance you can get a larger room for well under £100 which for the location is brilliant value. I have seen into some of the smaller rooms and yes these are very small but it was only £12 extra for a larger room when I booked. No issues (as others seem to have) with general 'decoration' of halls, size of lobby, noise in room, cleanliness and so on. I will definitely consider returning.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple