All reviews berlin mall brandenburg gate german shower station
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Spent a few days here and it was very nice. Room was very new and clean and reception staff were helpful and nice.
Has an initial appearance of a hostel, however once inside the rooms have a hotel feel.
If you are coming with a family (couple and 2 children) Room 10 has a share bathroom with a double bunk bed room. So perfect for a family who want to separate children from adults.

Room Tip: Room 10 (couple double bed) has shared bathroom with another room (bunk bed). Ideal family room
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Found staff very abrupt, not helpful . the place isn't that clean to be honest.
Very loud inside from the traffic.
Probably worth paying 10 euro more and going elsewhere.. wish I did.

breakfast was OK for 7 euro.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2017

The best aspect of this place is Value and location. I stayed as a solo traveler and really enjoyed being able to hop on and off local transit just a 2 minute walk in many directions. Berlin Mall is right across the block. I stayed in a cold time in April so I was happy with closed window and an adjustable radiator for heat, but in a heated summer, I don't see any air conditioning and my room being on the main street with the window open would probably have been difficult without ear plugs. There is no wash basin in my single room #5 on the second floor, but the one bathroom down at the end of the hall was always available.

Even thought they were full, I really didn't see much of anyone, we were all out having fun in this great city. I walked several times in my undies and never got caught.

The staff was very well meaning but I don't think I have ever experience such nice people with less than no english. No questions answered by most of this staff, thats for sure. This place was great for me, nothing to be impressed with but then again, nothing to be embarrassed about, if you want to save your tourist money for the attractions instead of the room you don't spend much time in, this is the PERFECT PLACE to be.

NOTE: The WIFI was awesome. Very reliable and fast, just what you need to book tours and watch streaming video. My room had a nice little 19 inch flat screen tv with remote, funny enough, it only worked for 3 channels which were ALL shopping channels in German.

Room Tip: They all appear to be good. Traffic noise for room #5 if you have your window open.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2016

I stayed in here in August 2016, in a single room with a shared bathroom. The room was basic, with a thin duvet, thin, hard mattress, towels and a TV. The bathroom had exposed pipes, discoloured grout and very basic amenities.

While this was entirely adequate for one night, the bed was uncomfortable and the hotel needed a good deal of refurbishments. The location, however, is fantastic.

While the hotel was definitely cheap, given the quality it was still not really worth the money and I would advise looking elsewhere first.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2015

Nice hotel but not well heated ( in winter ).
Full size glass in room wall side ( for nice view to street ) is good for summer but in winter keeps the room rather cold .
Room was average in size and so was breakfast.
Location was ok and very close to a metro ( U bahn ) station .

Room Tip: ask to chose a room if possible
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple