All reviews ihg member minutes walk to alexander platz alexa shopping centre priority club lack of storage space great location u bahn station tv tower boiled eggs news channels lively area bar prices hotel is located definitely return to this hotel the breakfast area road noise city trip
Reviewed 4 February 2019

My husband and had booked to visit this week from 6th to 8th Feb. Berlin has been very booked up for this week since we arranged this trip before Christmas, with prices above average. my husband got an email a few nights ago to verify the card it that the booking was made under. he did this immediately and got a confirmation email back from booking.com who we booked through. he then got an email to say that the booking had been cancelled. he contacted the hotel who emailed back the next day saying it was an international bank error...whatever that means. when he asked to re-book it, the hotel said that he would not be able to get the same price we had booked for, but would have take the current daily rate which had increased by over €200. I genuinely believe that this was just a scam on the hotels part to make even more money as everywhere is so booked up in Berlin. We were left with flights booked and nowhere to stay a week before we were due to travel. we found it very frustrating that the error happened on their end, yet we were expected to pay a ridiculous price for what looks like an average enough hotel. Booking.com were also no help to us. We have since booked a lovely apartment on Air bnb and would not recommend anyone book this hotel as you will be at risk of being left high and dry like us!

Date of stay: February 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin - Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Denise N,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry about the issues encountered with your reservation. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, as a reference for review. I trust their capacity to look into this further. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you consider booking with us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 February 2019

We had 2 adjoining rooms in this hotel, rooms were clean, a good size, comfy with nice decor, slightly to warm, we cou;dnt seem to control the air con so had to open the window but that wasnt a major inconvience, I did find the bed a little hard but that is just my personal preference, central location and easy walk to Alexanderplatz, staff very friendly and helpful. Only slight negative for us Brits is there was no cooked breakfast, just your normal typical continental breakfast and some very tough eggs.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Jenkel,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of this trip to Alexanderplatz. How was the shopping experience? I'm sure it was fun! We are grateful that you chose the Holiday Inn Express.

As always, we wanted nothing more but to ensure your stay turn as positive as possible. Though it made me smile that we've served you well and that you liked the room atmosphere, I regard your thoughts about what can be improved. I'm sorry that the bed and breakfast options came in short of what you're expecting to have, Jenkel. I understand that the beds required a bit of adjustment and you had challenges getting asleep. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as perfectly as planned.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and be discussed amongst all concerned staff. We are always on the lookout for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. Say hello to your four-legged fellow for me.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

I have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express before, and this one is the best to date. A good location across the road from the U-Bahn (underground railway) and comfortable walking distance to many historical landmarks. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable, including the bed which had bedside USB chargers. Blackout curtains and a 7th floor room led to a peaceful night’s sleep. The room also had the benefit of an in room safe, large TV with 4 English language channels, BBC world news & 3 US news channels. A good sized bathroom with a large shower, the water pressure was strong, both flow and temperature remained constant, the bathroom mirror did not steam up. Breakfast was a standard continental offer, very fresh, tasty and filling. The cooked option consisted of boiled or scrambled eggs and a single two slice toaster. Breakfast was very busy around 9am. A small all day food offer is available until 10pm at reasonable prices, all cooked fresh to order. Bar prices for wine and beer were around the €5 mark, spirits a little more. The staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The General Manager Ines Meißner runs a great operation, thank you, I really enjoyed my stay.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

As an IHG member, I chose this hotel as a reward night stay, and it required the lowest amount of points per night. However, had I been paying for it, it would have been an absolute bargain.

Firstly the location is superb if you don’t mind a wee bit of walking; plenty of the major attractions are within walking distance. If walking isn’t for you, there is the U-Bahn just across the road.

The facilities are standard HI Express but the hotel is still relatively new. It’s spotlessly clean too.

Best of all are the staff. All reception staff were great and in particular Luca the bar man. Although rushed off his feet at times, he always had a friendly smile and an efficient service.

Would be glad to return to this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in January. Great location. Staff very friendly and helpful especially Luca the bar man.
Room was clean and really comfortable. Breakfast was great. Half hour walk from Brandenburg Gate and Checkpoint Charlie and 10 min walk into the town centre.

Trip type: Travelled with family