“Delicious, juicy brisket. Bit on the expensive side.”
Review of The Pit

The Pit
Ranked #2,130 of 9,693 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: USD 11 - USD 40
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I shared the tasting platter and that was a good choice because we got to taste a bit of everything. The brisket was the best piece of meat I’ve ever had, succulent and juicy. The pork belly wasn’t my favourite but it was still nice to taste. I loved the biscuits too. For what you get, it’s a bit pricey and I was left still a bit hungry, which was a tad disappointing since we paid so much, especially compared to Berlin prices for food. But you can tell that the do put a lot of effort in the meat and that you’re getting quality beef, which is always good. BBQ bean thing and coleslaw were quite average.

The restaurant is in a small cellar like room, not very spacious, but the atmosphere was still nice. I found the lady wait staff to be exceptionally friendly. The homemade lemonade was also a winner in my books. I would recommend this place to my friends in Berlin but I probably wouldn’t come back here just because of the price.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Having booked via email earlier in the day and having it confirmed, we weren’t best pleased to be told that our booking didn’t exist. As a result, we were sat down, food bought out to us and asked to leave within 50 minutes (because of another booking) at a cost of nearly 90 Euros between the four of us.

Food was quite tasty and the meat nicely cooked but being asked to leave spoilt it for me.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The beef brisket was good, tender and smokey, there was alot of fat and vessels which should have been trimmed in the kitchen, but so what? (regular portion 11 Euros). Good so, because the barbecued pork was not available that day. These are the only two entries on the menu. The cornbread was good and sweet (portion 2 Euros). The coleslaw was not. No matter where you're from, coleslaw always needs salt and pepper and vinegar (and my recipe has alot more, as well). Plus, coleslaw should marinate for awhile. Plain white cabbage and sliced carrots are not coleslaw (portion 2 Euros). A glass of IPA lager was enjoyable (4,90 Euros). There was no wine on the menu.
The air in the celler of this very small restaurant was not good, even though all the cellar windows were wide open. The seating outside means that you have a good chance of sitting on top of the grate of an open window, and there is quite a draft. Fortunately, we were there early and found a seat without a draft.

Date of visit: September 2017
3  Thank americano_berlin
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Nice place with a friendly staff, good country music and nice tasting food. Me and my wife shared the sampler plate and we where both surprised about what we did get for 35€. We're not big eaters but that wasn't much to eat. I even asked for a extra slice but instead the waitress did recommend us to order a cheesecake. Great choice but it felt strange to leave that place hungry for more.

1  Thank Andreas2012
Reviewed 20 May 2017

With the recent popup of 'pulled pork sandwiches' and burger places in Berlin it was nice to find another one that has quite good food. I would have give this a 'very good rating' but the service was incredibly slow the day we were there, and there was really not many people there. Actually most were already eating when we arrived and no one came after us for lunch. It just took entirely too long to make a platter, a salad and one pulled pork sandwich. The girl working the cash was very friendly and apologetic about the wait but in the end getting everything separate and making it difficult to have a nice lunch. Atmosphere and decor is on par with what all the BBQ resturants are doing or have been doing, heavy dark wood and such. The flow thru the restaurant is a bit strange with a way in one door and out the other, as I could see it getting congested when there are lots of people, and not knowing what to order. I would like to return in the future to give it another round.