All reviewsfamily rootsnice furniturevery nice hotelhistoric buildingparking garagecentrally located hotellocal winespent one nightlarge bathroomsingle bedincluded in the priceeasy walkthree nightsromantic roaddouble roomtrain stationthe river
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Superb hotel.

Stayed here for one night. Very nice hotel. Room had everything you'd need (including a Tassimo coffee machine), and lots of nice touches such as free wine awaiting me in my room on arrival.

Helpful, friendly English-speaking staff.

The bar is very tasteful, though the on-site Restaurant shuts for August.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Joe A
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed a night in Wurzburg on our way to the romantic road. The hotel is 5 min walk from the main area. It is very close to the attractions to walk to everything. We had a room that faced the road which we liked and heard no noise at night. We found the hotel a little dated. A 4 star to us, but the service is 5 stars, staff wonderful. They parked our car for us in the parking onsite. We enjoyed the stay for a night. Make sure you walk to the bridge in the evening and enjoy a glass of Franconia wine and views...magical!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017

A very nice hotel with large well appointed rooms and some nice personal touches too (personalised slippers:) providing a unique feel. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The hotel is also very well positioned in Town. No gym but does have free access to a nearby gym

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Perfectly placed, in a quiet area and very close to the old city center and the commercial street, this hotel is a good choice, considering the alternatives one can find in Würzburg. Very friendly and helpful young staff at the reception, and overall good services, which is indeed a precious asset of the hotel. Breakfast is acceptable, although quite poor in terms of variety and rather expensive; I would have expected a better one, matching the price and the beautiful dining area. Rooms need however some major improvements: the furniture in my room was quite outdated, TV with two remote controls (watching TV requires some technical knowledge), toilet paper holder in bathroom out of reach. They also experience some technical problems with the heating in the cold season. I stayed in the hotel end of January and had to ask the reception to send someone to fix the radiator, which was cold. Eventually, they fixed it, but my colleague, whose room was next to mine had the same problem and no solution was found for him. Maybe the management should decide to make investments in the rooms, too, in order to bring them at the level of the public area in the ground floor. I read in other reviews that there are big rooms in this hotels; mine was small. Probably because I asked for a single room, but a single occupancy does not necessarily mean half the size. So, go for a double room and avoid single rooms. Overall, it is a decent hotel, which deserves some improvements.

Room Tip: Avoid single rooms
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Log58
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very good in terms of accommodation and food, I had a truly excellent steak and my colleagues had a wonderful meal.
The staff are really nice and charming
I like this hotel and will definitely stay again

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business