Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Hotels.comUSD 59
Booking.comUSD 59
TripadvisorUSD 59
ZenHotels.com
eDreamsUSD 59
TravelocityUSD 59
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2019

The hotel is located between the main train station and the town centre. Easily within walking distance. The rooms are clean, neat and functional. The staff cheerful and helpful. Breakfast is standard german fare, great bierhalle nearby at the station, 1512.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 867bm
Reviewed 23 October 2019

I loved the location and the Hotel staff. They are very kind and done all in order to made our stay very good. As all Íbis, the room are the same, no difference.
Next time I'll visit Augsbur, I'll,be at this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Thank Ary Leonardo Ba... F
Reviewed 25 September 2019

I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO GIVE MY REVIEW A READ FOR A VERY IMPORTANT REASON!

So me and my colleagues stayed in this Ibis property from 15th-21st Sept 2019. Though the rooms were small and the breakfast everyday was the same, we still didn't mind as location wise this hotel was quite good. Next to the main centre and HBF. There were also couple of lady staffs who were very polite, nice and used to speak to us kindly and help us with any request if we had. Cheers to Women Empowerment!!

But then why did i give 1 star as a rating?

This is because of this particular incident which i am about to share.

We had our return flight from Munich on 21st morning and hence we took a taxi at 6 AM in the morning. Now, we have inquired about a possibility of having a quick coffee and a croissant before we leave at 6 AM since we had a long flight ahead. So, after depositing the keys at the reception we went to the breakfast zone. Though the entire breakfast was served at that time, we took one coffee and one croissant each. When we were sipping our coffee, the guy from the reception came in and told us to "GET OUT" as the breakfast starts from 6:30 AM. We left the breakfast area and went to the reception area with our coffee and then I realized that the person actually asked us to GET OUT. When i asked him why did he say like that as we have PAID too for the breakfast that day (21st Sept), he tried to reason that breakfast starts at 6:30 AM. I explained to him that we have a flight to catch and we need to leave by 6 AM and that's why we picked up the coffee but he still did not stop shouting. When I asked him his name, he denied to tell his name even!

Now, my point is he is in the hospitality industry and telling a customer "GET OUT" when the customer is about to leave is just not done, that too for something (we took a coffee & croissant at 6 AM and the breakfast starts at 6:30 AM even when we have paid for the breakfast) that small, is really not done. I hope the guy in the reception goes back to a hotel management course and reads, understands the word 'hospitality' properly.

We work in Fujitsu and are frequent travelers to Augsburg (coming again in November). Though we liked the hotel but we will never come back to this hotel. Staying in hotel business

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JnanankurGhosh
Knut S, Manager at Ibis Augsburg Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2019

Dear JnanankurGhosh,

thank you very much for your feedback. I´m sorry for the problem concerning the breakfast at the 21th of September.

We´re working tougether with a company through the night. This person is not our employee.
His behavour was absolutley inaccepztable.

I ´m very sorry you experienced these problems and sincerely apologize for them. I will speak with our partner that this will not happening again.

We hope to see you again here in Augsburg, please be so kind as to continue placing your confidence in us.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 September 2019 via mobile

To say the "double" room and particularly, the bathroom, are small is an understatement!!! While everything travelers need is there, there's barely room to turn around! The double room we had was the same as the single rooms with the exception there were two beds in the space. My husband is 6'4" and I can't imagine how he managed in the bathroom. On the plus side, the room was clean, bed comfortable & the hotel so convenient to the train and trams! It would be greatly appreciated if the hotel added a washing machine & dryer since not every traveler is traveling with only a few belongings. We're traveling through Central Europe by train for 8 weeks.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2019

Located close to the central station and at walking distance from the town centre, this hotel offers comfortable rooms, a very friendly staff and a welcoming hall with a bar where you can get drinks and a selection of food at any time

Date of stay: July 2019