“Small, cosy and interesting locale in the heart or Nürnberg ”
Review of Kon Tiki

Kon Tiki
Ranked #140 of 1,154 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Price range: USD 1 - USD 29
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Found this place by chance after an evening walk around the city centre. As a co-worker did not eat meat we had to look for an alternative eatery. Kontinuierlich could not be any more different in a historic town. Fully decked out in Polynesian style decor it looked a little kitsch, but friendly staff and atmospheric made up for it. Obviously, we chose fish dishes for the main. As a starter we chose add soup for a Polynesian place with a Boston Clam Chowder soup. When the friendly waiter assured us it is a Boston Clam Chowder, what eventually arrived was actually a fish stew cum soup! Funny - as I lived in Boston MA for 2 years!! For the main I chose a mixed fish grill. A poor choice as I found the the grilled fish pieces were not as fresh as expected and did feel of the frozen sort. It was unfortunate as I and my coworkers found the place to be a good place, but let down by the quality of key ingredients. Finally, I would suggest to have the front entrance to be redesigned and maintained to feel inviting for customers to enter. As the entrance was presented with a very sad and filthy umbrella stand which actually turned us away initially.

There are newer reviews for Kon Tiki

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

The ambiance of this place is incredible! U will feel like u are on vacation. The cocktails are the bomb. The Zombie cocktail is super strong, they will only serve 2 per person! Lol really cute place, I loved it.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

We come here every year and generally it's good. The restaurant is in a back street in the old city and the venue is gorgeous.

The restaurant is very funky, it is decorated brilliantly.

I have to say that the cocktails are outstanding, one of the best cocktails I have had.

When we arrived we had a 5/10 minute wait for our table so we were told to wait at the bar. The barman asked if we wanted to order our drinks whilst waiting, which we did.

He then told us that we had to pay cash for our drinks at the bar and we couldn't put it on our bill. An argument then went on between the manager and barman which was a little awkward. However our drinks were added to our bill for us.

The drinks were lovely when they arrived. The food was very average and quite bland. Their food is usually good, but this was really poor.

It was very hard work to get the attention of the waitress, especially when we wanted to pay our bill.

Think we will give this restaurant a miss next time.

1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Enjoyable Tiki vibe. Good service and lots of fruity cocktails with rum. I prefer more flavor of the rum, more tang from the lime and a little less pineapple juice. The food was tasty and the app portions generously sized to easily share with two. So be careful to order a little at a time to not overdo. We enjoyed the experience. A Tiki snob would be put off by a few elements, but all in all, the tiki decor is super, food is good quality, and plenty of "beach" cocktails.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

Very nice and stylish restaurant,
Situated in Hawaiian or Polynesan style, which is very nice... bottom flor which is very near to water is decorated as fishing boat.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Menu contains mostly steaks and some seafood. Service was surprisingly fast.. we were group od 8 people and we got our meals maybe in 15 minutes and food was just delicious.
Steaks were excellent, veggies perfect... completely satisfied.
Then we tried some of their cocktail, which were also veery tasty and well made.
I can only recommend this restaurant.