“Good value for money”

Ranked #13 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Kranenburg, Germany
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

About the Holiday Inn I can be brief.

It is nicely located in downtown Nuremberg in the vicinity of some good restaurants.

The hotel itself is modern with pleasant rooms, good beds, fast internet and a glass partition in the bath instead of a Norman Bates shower curtain.

The breakfast buffet is excellent with a huge selection of fresh foods.

The parking garage has plenty of room to park.

Recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

Visited Nuremberg for a long weekend with familly and friends. Before the visit i wrote to the hotel to confirm baby cot for our 3y old son. I got a very polite reply confirming this and also stating we were given a very nice room! Indeed we got a very big room on the top floor, with seperate sitting area, modern furniture and all the amenities expected by a 4 star hotel: Free wifi internet, complimentary shaving & dental kits, coffee maker.

The breakfast was of very good quality and with lots of variety. And on Sunday all children got a free toy!

The hotel is located within the old city walls with easy access on foot to most of the monuments and has an indoor parking for 12 eur/day. Some reviews state its in the red light district, but i would not qualify a couple of bars on the oposite corner as a red light district! Anyway we were not bothered at all and if i had not read previous reviews mentionning this, I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all.

Nuremberg is very interesting and beautiful city with lots of things to do and see. Visit the castle and the nazi documentation centre and don't forget to taste the nuremberg saussage!

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank aek21
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Arrived late, service excellent, polite and courteous sorted out a few problems I had. Had a cheeky beer in the bar and some food and again the service was excellent as well as the "currywurst".

Right in the centre so perfect for a bit of sightseeing and all the staff have been brilliant. Rooms are nice and clean, just what the doctor ordered....

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The Holiday Inn is a decent hotel in Nurnberg, I must say. Nonetheless my review is going to give it a one star review.
I stayed at the hotel using my Priority Club points. My stay was free. First off we had an invasion in our room by the staff in the morning when my girlfriend had no clothes on, she was mortified. The manager really didn't care. My main problem lies in the fact that they charged my credit card 103 Euros for no reason. I thought this to be a simple problem, and a simple solution. The Assistant Manager Till, tried helping. In a somewhat rude manner. He never realized the problem, and never refunded me my money. I am a platinum member with IHG, and expected them to resolve the charge, and they won't. I have a clear shot of my bank I sent to the hotel, and IHG, and they don't know why I was charged and won't refund me.
This is outright credit card fraud... The hotel management is rude, and will not solve this. I am out around $140 USD for my "free" stay. Don't give this hotel your business, because if a problem arises most likely it will not be solved, and the hotel management will treat you poorly. I have received better service at a $10 a night Tijuana dump than I did at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BangkokRyan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Dear DrBudgie,

Thank you for posting this review and bringing this to our attention. It is our goal to provide the best customer service around and resolve any concerns you may have. I am sorry for the problems you encountered with the billing on you card. I would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you so we may come to a quick resolution. I have sent you a private message with more information. I look forwarding to hearing back from you.

Katie J
IHGCare
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This was such a surprisingly positive experience: nice and clean rooms, extraordinary friendly staff everywhere, very nice and stylish sauna and gym area on the second floor and a fantastic restaurant quality.
Being in that hotel for a conference of the European Commission I enjoyed every hour of it, no kidding!
Absolutely to recommend!

Room Tip: just talk to the folks at the reception desk. My room was perfect