“Wide Variety - Pleasantly Surprised”

La Rustika Steak & Fisch
Ranked #133 of 1,153 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2016

We had difficulty getting a reservation, but the restaurant squeezed us into a 75 minute time slot. I am always curious to see if the restaurant is really crowded, or if that is a game they play. We arrived on time and got the only free table. While there we noted that as each table emptied, the next occupants were there waiting. That gave us a clue about the validity of the rave reviews.
I am always fearful when invited to a steak house on the European continent, as the beef quality is generally poor. La Rustika's menu is filled with fish and steak dishes, the usual meat alternatives and a variety of exotic meats. We were four and each chose a different meat meal. Then we sampled each others. I chose the kangaroo as I had never had it before. As with most exotic meats it had a strong flavor and was a slight bit on the tough side. My wife had the lamb, while our other two companions had beef. To my surprise, all were good. The steak was well above the average compared to that found the continent.
The side dishes were also good to excellent. I had the baked potato as it is not common in Germany. The skin was crispy, the topping savory and the potato texture was excellent. This again was a pleasant surprise.
If you are visiting from the UK or the Americas, the beef dishes are what you expect in an above average restaurant at home. So, I would recommend one of the exotic meats. For Europeans looking for a good meal of beef, La Rustika is likely to please you. This is one of those few places where you can get a rare steak that is not tough. Beverages are pretty much standard. We did not have room to try the desserts.
The restaurant itself is noisy. The service is standard. The dining area is quaint and the toilets are from a bygone era. Prices are not unreasonable.

There are newer reviews for La Rustika Steak & Fisch

Reviewed 8 January 2016

My husband and I stayed in Nuremberg for a few days and this restaurant was just a few minutes walk away. The atmosphere was warm and cozy and the wait staff were very friendly. The food was very good. We went back a second time to have desert and sat at the bar. Really enjoyable.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

I'd heard many good things about this restaurant and today I put it to the test. I'm happy to report that La Rustika passed the test with flying colors. My family and I had lunch here today and everyone except me had steak dishes and I had fish. We were all very satisfied with our meals and the service. The food was delicious and the portions were just right for having some crème brûlée or chocolate mousse afterwards. I will definitely be recommending this restaurant to my tour customers here in Nuremberg.

1  Thank TourGuide-KEVIN
Reviewed 7 May 2015

The food in that restaurant is nothing extraordinary; this applies especially to the garnishings. Besides one cannot trust the staff as far as their honesty is concerned. I asked for a glass of wine without looking at the price shown on the menu and they overcharged me for that. All very unpleasant.

1  Thank periandro
Reviewed 2 February 2015 via mobile

Great place on the outskirts of nbg! Rustic interior with a cosy open fire place makes you unwind as soon as you enter! Friendly, welcoming and attentive service! Had the grilled veggies to start followed by the fish platter! Both were delicious and good value for money! The mousse disappointed a bit in texture! Still a great place to dine out! Will be back for sure!