“Perfect Pfistermuhle”

Price range: USD 21 - USD 58
Cuisines: German
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In the heart of the city, right by the Platzl and just five minutes walk from Marienplatz, Restaurant Pfistermühle is located in Munich’s oldest mill building. Nothing is really more central: You’re at the opera in three minutes, the Hofbräuhaus in two, and you can get to all major parts of the city easily and conveniently from the Marienplatz underground and suburban rail stations. Whether for a business meal or a as a pleasant end to an evening at the opera. For decades, Restaurant Pfistermühle has been the destination for guests who have high expectations when it comes to quality and enjoyment. From September 2017, we welcome you to Restaurant Pfistermühle with a new concept, which combines craftsmanship, passion and authenticity. Come in and find out more.
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Dined here last night - Mr 62, Ms 53 and Miss 13.

Chose the a la carts and had a starter and main each and shared a dessert.

Exceptionally tasty food artfully presented. Highlights were the pumpkin starter and the ‘ox’ which as Australians sounded strange but ended up being aged steak.

Service was friendly and bread home baked.

Total cost of dinner for three with drinks was €220 which we thought was good value for the high quality meals we ate.

1  Thank belgaicas

Reviewed 5 December 2017

This place looked so lovely from the outside. The front of house staff were very friendly, I cannot fault them at all. I expected it to be cosy with traditional Bavarian cuisine but when we came inside to be seated it had quite a cold and pretentious atmosphere. The tables around us seemed to be full of hoity-toity older people who were too posh to even have a conversation with each other. The service was slow and food took a long time to come. Having eaten in thousands of restaurants around the world, the portions here were what truly shocked me. After deciphering the most complicated menu we'd ever seen, my father ordered a "rack of venison" as it sounded like the most hearty item. When it finally arrived, we had to ask the waiter if it was a mistake. There were two mouthfuls of meat trimmed into coin sized bites, surrounded by a few blobs of decorative goop. My mother and I had the chicken which was distinctly average. Not only were the portions microscopic but what little there was of it was nothing special. The bill was pretty astronomical given the lack of food. After ordering "house wine" we were slightly peeved to see that it was €18 a glass. I don't mind an expensive bill if I feel it has been a wonderful dining experience but this really wasn't. Lessons have been learned, make sure you research a restaurant properly before committing to spending an obscene amount of money...

1  Thank Cat C
Reviewed 27 October 2017

We were seated at a table near a raucous group. Asking to be moved, the maitre d did accommodate us in another room. We had very tasty dishes. This being mushrooom season, I had excellent rich-in-mushrooms soup, with a drizzle of bitter chocolate on top. sounds odd, but it set off the soup beautifully. The fish dishes, chicken and beef each of us had were all excellent.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

If you are not in a hurry, this place has 'space' for you. Not in a hurry, just enjoy the wine. The ambience is romantic but the tablea are too tight, you can hear what your neighbors talking about. The food, a rate of 7/10. Location 9/10, Service 7/10. Recommended if you are not in a hurry because food come a little bit late.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Came here by mistake, I thought I had booked the sister-restaurant Wirtshaus Ayinger, which also belongs to the Hotel Platzl I believe.

Whereas the Wirtshaus was good value, friendly, atmospheric, well-positioned, refined German cooking and looking out onto the Platzl square, this place was cold, dark (underground), expensive, very average cooking and poor service given the pretensions of the place.

We wish we had got up and left.....next door is far better and half the price.

Anybody reading this far may have gathered I thoroughly recommend the Wirtshaus. I like to be positive whenever it is called for.