“Noisy, but interesting food”
Review of Pfistermuhle

Pfistermuhle
Ranked #124 of 3,996 Restaurants in Munich
Price range: USD 21 - USD 58
Cuisines: German
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the heart of the city, right by the Platzl and just five minutes walk from Marienplatz, Restaurant Pfistermühle is located in Munich’s oldest mill building. Nothing is really more central: You’re at the opera in three minutes, the Hofbräuhaus in two, and you can get to all major parts of the city easily and conveniently from the Marienplatz underground and suburban rail stations. Whether for a business meal or a as a pleasant end to an evening at the opera. For decades, Restaurant Pfistermühle has been the destination for guests who have high expectations when it comes to quality and enjoyment. From September 2017, we welcome you to Restaurant Pfistermühle with a new concept, which combines craftsmanship, passion and authenticity. Come in and find out more.
Reviewed 27 October 2017

We were seated at a table near a raucous group. Asking to be moved, the maitre d did accommodate us in another room. We had very tasty dishes. This being mushrooom season, I had excellent rich-in-mushrooms soup, with a drizzle of bitter chocolate on top. sounds odd, but it set off the soup beautifully. The fish dishes, chicken and beef each of us had were all excellent.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

If you are not in a hurry, this place has 'space' for you. Not in a hurry, just enjoy the wine. The ambience is romantic but the tablea are too tight, you can hear what your neighbors talking about. The food, a rate of 7/10. Location 9/10, Service 7/10. Recommended if you are not in a hurry because food come a little bit late.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Came here by mistake, I thought I had booked the sister-restaurant Wirtshaus Ayinger, which also belongs to the Hotel Platzl I believe.

Whereas the Wirtshaus was good value, friendly, atmospheric, well-positioned, refined German cooking and looking out onto the Platzl square, this place was cold, dark (underground), expensive, very average cooking and poor service given the pretensions of the place.

We wish we had got up and left.....next door is far better and half the price.

Anybody reading this far may have gathered I thoroughly recommend the Wirtshaus. I like to be positive whenever it is called for.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

After few days in Munich we are tired from traditional Bavarian food and accidentally visit this place , I should tell you this is one of the best experience in my life and definitely best in Munich , place is hidden and very quiet , personal friendly , they have god selection of wine , food is simple amazing . Strongly recommend to visit for every one who tired from noise Bavarian restaurants .

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I had a late lunch on my own and the food was perfect company! I had the 19 euro tasting board and every mouthful was a pleasurable experience! The starter was foamy mint and pea soup, followed by tartare of beef, then caramelized salmon and finally a mini-white-chocolate mousse with a raspberry mousse topping. All washed down with a glass of their house red wine which was superb. A total must if you are in Munich!