“Fantastic little restaurant for lunch”

Schwarzreiter Tagesbar & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 4,027 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017

While staying at the Kempinski in Munich, we had a brief lunch before leaving for the airport. All I can say is FANTASTIC!!!! Exceeded our expectations in every way. Service was knowledgeable, and super nice. Food was amazing. My wife and I shared the small salad with goat cheese and then split the "lobsterbox". Salad was fresh and the cheese was perfectly warmed without being runny. The "lobster box" was essentially a lobster bento with lobster served 5 different ways: cup of bisque, roasted tail over mashed peas, fried claw over potato salad, lobster salad, and then lobster/crab cake over salad. UNBELIEVABLE. Would definitely come back when we return to Munich. Pricey but worth it.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Having moved to Munich just a few months ago, Schwarzreiter Tagesbar became the place to go when meeting up with my friends. Whether it's for our regular ladies lunch gatherings or just some drinks at night, this place caters to all! Food and drink quality is top notch and at very good value for money considering that it's located right on Maximilianstrasse! The cuisine is a modern interpretation of Bavarian food, offering a nice range of dishes with plenty of light options. Daily Chefs specials are offered at 19 EUR only and they even have a long Happy Hour...perfect for after shopping or pre dinner drinks. The crowd is a mix of ladies and gents in their 30s, locals, expats and some tourists. Can't wait for spring to kick off and sit in the sun on their terrace...

4Jahreszeiten_muc, F&B Sales Manager at Schwarzreiter Tagesbar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear Hico0316,

what a lovely and positive review of your latest visits to our Schwarzreiter Restaurant and Tagesbar - thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your detailed feedback!

I have already communicated your kind words and compliments to my dear colleagues in the kitchen and service teams and we all are so glad to read, that we are on the right way to fulfill our guests wishes and expectations.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back to the "place to go" -our terrace just reopened ;-)

Best personal regards,

F&B Sales Manager

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

In a nutshell: disappointed!
The carrot soup was tasty. The lamb was pretty standard while the other three courses where flat. I have completely missed the flavor contrast on the palate. The friendly service can not compensate for that in a rather uninviting room nearly empty.

4Jahreszeiten_muc, F&B Sales Manager at Schwarzreiter Tagesbar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear GottfriedFo,

thank you for taking the time to share a review of your lates vistit to our Schwarzreiter on TripAdvisor.

I am dissapointed to read, that we were not able to provide you with the high taste and experience standards we are usually associated with.
My team and myself hope that you are able to look at your experience as an isolated incident and that you give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves during a future visit.

Yours sincerely,

Gastronomic Sales Manager
julia.wuelfing@kempinski.com

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I went yesterday out for dinner in the Schwarzreiter and it was amazing!

Amazing food, amazing service

I will come again!

The view on the Maximilianstreet is beautiful, i am sorry to say, but it was a little bit to full for my taste.
To full = to loud

Reviewed 5 February 2017

We were quite disappointed because the ratings are not representing what we have experienced. It looked to us as somebody trying to be extraordinary good in re-inventing names and combinations, nouvelle cuisine which are underspiced instead of just using the local, traditional cuisine and recipes. Anyway, we come to Bavaria for Bavarian food! ;o) Just go to the same place in the morning for a breakfast buffet of world class! You will not regret. Cost approx. Euros 42.00. Worth every cent!

4Jahreszeiten_muc, F&B Sales Manager at Schwarzreiter Tagesbar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Dear Frank K E U,

Thank you very much for your review and for taking the time to share your constructive feedback with us.
We regret that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent visit to the Schwarzreiter and your comments are taken seriously and will be taken on board for future planning.

You have noted, that the breakfast as well as the service were good, which is much appreciated. May I take this opportunity to let you know that all feedback is gratefully received since it enables us to be attentive and sensitive to all the needs of our guests and to continuously enhance our legendary standards of service.

Thank you once again and I very much hope you may consider coming back to enjoy the excellent standards of service and customer care with which we are generally associated and if this is the case please let me know and I would be delighted to assist with the arrangements.

Yours sincerely,