“Good food and fantastic wine experience”
Review of Tantris

Tantris
Ranked #52 of 4,165 Restaurants in Munich
Price range: USD 114 - USD 255
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: PASSION-Without passion, Tantris would not exist. Taking inspiration from his travels, the passionate gourmet Fritz Eichbauer commissions the building of his dream restaurant in Munich more than forty years ago. Tantris marks the beginning of a new culinary movement in Germany. PERFECTION- The term “Tantris” is derived from the Indian Buddhist culture and symbolises the search for perfection. And a visit to Tantris should be the epitome of perfection: From the seventies-era architecture to the Michelin two-starred cuisine right through to the international selection of wines and the friendly, professional service. ENJOYMENT-Right from day one, the emphasis at Tantris has been on enjoyment. For more than 25 years, the “master of simplicity” Hans Haas has put his unique signature on the cuisine at Tantris: Prepared naturally and simply with the emphasis on flavour. MAGIC-It is the atmosphere that conjures up magical moments. Once avant-garde and today enjoying cult status.
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

We shared the 8 course menu which was very good. The wine though was the winner in the night at least for me and the sommelier was fantastic. We have home some ideas of what we liked (Australian wines we like from home) and he directed us to some amazing options. The cost overall was pretty high so be prepared but the whole package made it worth the money. They like to take their time to maximises the experience so don’t be in a rush.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

The 8 course degustation meal was indeed an amazing experience - spectacular food (mostly), delivered with impeccable service. However our group will likely remember it more for the bill shock. Have been fortunate to enjoy several 2 Michelin star restauarnts - this was by far the most expensive at 8 course + wine pairings over 400euro. Did I enjoy myself ? Yes. Would I go again ?? No

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Four of us chose the 8 course option. We thoroughly enjoyed each course and the wine pairings. The wine selection was interesting with a good price range. Service was spot on with an attentive staff but not bothersome. If you enjoy fine dining, I highly recommend Tantris.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I've been here with a large group (~40 pax) for a business dinner. The restaurant has a very special and fancy interior. Both food and wine were outstanding. I only afterwards heard that this is one of Munich's finest restaurants. I don't know the others but it's for sure one of the best I've ever been to. We had an excellent 5 course dinner that was very fine and tasty as well as beautifully presented. Staff spoke English and was very attentive.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

For a two star Michelin I was really disappointed. First the service was incredibly slow and non attentive. Once we sat down we waited for 45 minutes before we saw the menu or were offered drinks. In between each dish it took at least 25 minutes before the next one arrived. There was no vegetarian option, not gluten free option offered. For one of my courses, they did not substitute a fish option instead of the meat option and while the others ate, I sat and waited. The space is huge and for me outdated. The food was good but the whole experience for me was not worth the food.

Date of visit: August 2018