“Good food - terrible service”

Bratwurstherzl Am Viktualienmarkt
Ranked #355 of 4,165 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The food was very tasty (the portions are smaller than you think) but proper Bavarian food. Highly recommend the sausages and sauerkraut. Don’t come here if you’re looking for good service though... waiters are incredibly rude and got the order wrong. When paying (it came to €16) I used a €20 note and the waiter was very reluctant to give change, asking how much I wanted to tip. After the poor service I didn’t want to tip anything but he was so intimidating I landed up giving a small tip. Good food, appalling and rude service.

1  Thank KellyS3210

Reviewed 4 April 2018

i come here every time i visit munich. bavarian food at his best, service a little bit "rough" but this this is a true bavarian tavern , not a starred restaurant. kasspatzle are warmly suggested

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

The only special is the building.Really nice atmosphere ,the food just ok and i think not so nice prices for what u get!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The food is tasty, the interior of the restaurant is very authentic, location is also great but service could be better. After I've paid for the food, I've asked my wife to look for a small money for tip, but the waitress didn't want to wait and told us touchily "Thanks for the tip" and disappeared before we found money - it was said with such intonation, as if we ate absolutely for free and now owe him money. After this phrase, we decided not to leave a tip and forget about this place.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Four of us went in without a booking and they found us a table. Lovely food, great atmosphere, very good value.
Waiter did put an extra item on our bill in error I hope.
Quickly rectified.
I recommend all should give this place a try.