Hotel Dolomit
USD 214
USD 265
USD 243
  • Restaurant
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
USD 109
USD 535
Official Site
USD 463
  • Pool
All reviewscentral stationsister hotelbusy streetfew minutes walknever felt unsafecity centrewould stay againstaff at receptionsingle bedstayed here for nightsbuffet breakfastpublic transportgoethestrassehauptbahnhofkettlesofaproximity
Reviewed 13 December 2016

This is definitely a no-frills hotel but in a great location. We wanted something close to the train station because we have a 5am train to catch to go to Prague after our four-night stay in Munich. It’s a 5-minute walk to the train station, and there are many restaurants in the area, including the ones inside the station. It is within walking distance to many tourist attractions and public transportation. Despite what many reviewers mention, the area felt safe. There is a dollar store across the street and this is where we bought bottled water, but later on we found that there are grocery stores inside the train station as well.
The hotel itself was okay. It was the cheapest hotel I can find on Expedia with a private bathroom, and for $95 CAD a night, I can’t really complain. Check in was easy, we arrived way earlier than the specified check in time, but they were able to provide us a room, which was great after a long trans-atlantic flight. There is an elevator which is always a bonus in older European hotels. The room was very basic and very small (maybe 150 sq ft if that). We got a room in the 5th floor facing the street, and as long as the windows are closed, you can barely hear the noise from the street. The furnishings are old and the room is definitely in need of an upgrade. There is no fridge or kettle, and there is a small electric fan in the room, which makes me think that there is no A/C in the summer. The room is not very well ventilated, so we needed to open the window every once in a while to get some fresh air. The bathroom is extremely small and the water did not drain properly. There is a safe in the room to store valuables, however, wifi is not free. There is a computer that you can use in the lobby if you just need to check train schedules or the weather, or you can always head to the nearest Starbucks for internet access.
My only complaint is that when we checked in, we were told that there is staff at reception 24/7, however, when we tried to check out at 4am to catch our 5am train, we had to wait about 20 minutes for someone to show up. There was no bell to ring or number to call. I even walked over to their sister hotel down the street and there was nobody there either. We were starting to worry that we were going to be late for our train when somebody finally showed up. I didn’t bother asking where he was – I just wanted to check out and be on our way.
If you are picky or want a fancy hotel room in a fancy area, then I would not recommend this hotel. If you just want somewhere to store your luggage, and sleep and shower, and if you’re only in town for a few days, then this hotel can meet your needs.

Room Tip: Try to get a floor on higher floor and not facing the street. Apparently there are newer rooms but obviously we were not given that.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Martina K, Online Marketing at Hotel Dolomit, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear buttercup1211,
thank you very much for your review. Our comfort rooms at the backyard are more spacious and perfect for longer stays in Munich. We’re really sorry for your inconveniences with check out! We would be delighted to welcome you again.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Had a week stay - on business. Location is possibly the best, very close to Hauptbahnoff, the Central Station. Rooms are small, though clean and comfortable. WiFi is reasonably food.

Would be back again..

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Martina K, Online Marketing at Hotel Dolomit, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Dear PG_India,
thank you very much for your review. We also have spacious comfort rooms. We're looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Excellent location - very near to central train station where you can catch all the connecting trains.

However, the room is very old and does not look very welcoming. I guess you pay for what you get. It is definitely not a 3 star hotel, only 2 star. My husband rang housekeeping as there was no toiletries available and the front desk made him go down to pick it up. I have never met with such front desk but I guess they were short handed.

Hotel is very near a supermarket so no issues with that. However it is opposite a betting shop so it gets very very very noisy and rowdy until late. For some reasons, there was some construction work going on and it work us up at 8am, so please check before booking.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Martina K, Online Marketing at Hotel Dolomit, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Dear Sharon H,
thank you very much for your review! We're sorry for any inconveniences during your stay. Our renovated and spacious comfort rooms to the backyard would be the perfect choice for the next stay in our hotel. It would be a real pleasure for our team to welcome you again in our house.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I was very excited to be visiting Munich for a long weekend to see the Christmas markets and a surprise for my overworked parter. Booked in September. This excitement was dashed on the first morning of our stay. 07:30am we were woken up by a jack hammer and it felt like it was in our room!!! To our shock there was building works going on next door, and being the second from the end and on the same level we were right next to it!! None of the hotel staff warned us about this when checking in. I went downstairs to speak to the staff and see if we could be moved. I was told rudely that they were full, that I should wait until the next morning and possibly get moved then. I asked if there would be a possibility of refunding me for the remaining two nights so I could stay somewhere else. The staff member said she could not answer this question and should wait until Monday to speak to the booking team. I was so disgusted by the rudeness, lack of apology, or any kind of customer service. She said it was next door and that there was nothing she could do about it. Why should my partner and I stay in a room that sounds like a building site when we were supposed to be having a relaxing festive break? I called booking.com (who I had booked via) and complained. They said they would take the matter further. I then checked out having paid for three nights, and staying only one. I am waiting for a refund but there is no guarantee that I will get it. Absolutely disgusted!!! Not even an apology. I work on ships and I am used to background noise, but this well and truly over safe sound levels for a worker, let alone someone who is a guest at a hotel trying to sleep!!!!

Dear Nicola G,
thank you very much for your feedback! We are sorry for the inconveniences during your stay. Nevertheless, we hope you had a pleasant time in the Bavarian capital. We would be delighted to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

For the price in the heart of Munich it was good. But the rooms NEED renovation,you have the feeling you're staying in a ship cabin where nothing is working for example the lights and the telefon. Friendly staff and excellent breakfast.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Martina K, Online Marketing at Hotel Dolomit, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Dear Katherina F,
thank you very much for your feedback! Our comfort rooms are more spacious and renovated. We would be really happy to welcome you again in our house.