All reviews garden studio small kitchen kitchen area public garage beautiful rose garden quiet street winter garden pots and pans coffee maker living room isartor station washer and dryer full kitchen perfect location food market city view bathroom shower
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We we're traveling with our one-year-old and they were very accommodating. Room set up worked well with living room separated by a door to bedroom so we can still enjoy ourselves once the baby went to sleep

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Maximilian-Munich, Geschäftsführer at Maximilian Munich Apartments & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear Kelly O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on tripadvisor. I am very pleased to read how well you enjoyed your room and our services at the Maximilian Munich! I certainly hope to welcoming you back any time in the near future. Best regards, Eva Kubon

Reviewed 7 September 2016

This was the first hotel we stayed in as a part of our 5 week trip through Europe. After traveling for 15 hours from San Francisco, we were thrilled to have a suite with a separate bedroom and living area. This allowed us to keep our baggage in one area and not feel too cramped.

The hotel is just a few blocks to all of Munich's attractions, shops, cafes and amazing restaurants! The staff were cheery and very helpful throughout, and the one breakfast that we had was tasty and abundant. We would highly recommend anyone coming to Munich to stay here!

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get a 1 bedroom suite. Also, make sure to have a garden room as it is very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear MolleeSF,

Thank you very much for this fantastic review on tripadvisor! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the Maximilian Munich this much... It would be our great pleasure to welcoming you again whenever your travels bring you back to Munich.
Kindest regards, Eva Kubon

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Just a 5 minutes walk to HofBrauhaus or Marien Platz. The hotel is really in the center. Rooms give out to a nice green courtyard with fountain which make them very silent for a good night rest.
Room has seating area. Beds are confortable. Clean and a nice staff to help you whenever you need.
Wifi for free and no problems connecting.
Our room was on the first floor and without elevator. May be it is a bit pricy, but on the other hand the rooms are spacious and you are in the center.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear DirkP,
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with other travelers on tripadvisor. It is true that our rose garden is a unique and very quiet spot in the heart of Munich's old town - making it possible to sleep with an open window without being disturbed by the city noise. I am very happy to read how much you enjoyed your room and our services. Should your travels bring you back to Munich- it would be our pleasure to welcome you back at the Maximilian Munich!
Sincerely yours, Eva Kubon

Reviewed 22 August 2016

This was a pleasant experience. A nice little hotel just behind the Mandarin on a quiet street (note there is a public car park building just in front though there was not much car traffic when we visited). It's extremely central to Maximilianstrasse and surrounding areas and not too far from the Deutsche Museum. It's an old building but well renovated. We had a room to the front. If you want it really quiet then take one to the back (Innenhof). The staff was excellent, well trained, helpful and very nice. The breakfast was of good quality. We would come back.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear richmond007,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with other travelers on tripadvisor. I was very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay at the Maximilian Munich - its location and services. It would certainly be our great pleasure to welcome you back any time in the near future.
Sincerely yours, Eva Kubon

Reviewed 2 August 2016

When I was booking the Munich section of our holiday I was finding it difficult to find good value spacious accomodation with laundry and wifi at a mid price point. I ended up stepping up my price point a fair bit but the result was a great sized one bedroom suite (we were travelling with a teenager); with a separate kitchen area that didn't encroach on what became the teenager's room; very quite and well located. We chose not to spend the money on the hotel breakfast and instead went out or on one morning - piked up rolls and juice from a nearby bakery.

A previous reviewer has said that the laundry lacked English translation. I found enough to get me by and the staff would be more than happy to come and help if you need. The desk staff were always pleased and helpful. The bathroom had a shower over a bathroom but a nice innovation was a wee "widening circle" in the bath t the shower end so that you had enough space to shower.

There is a wellness area but you needed to book it so I wasn"t able to go and "check it out" to determine if we wanted to book it. Again...I'm sure if I was determined to have a look; then the staff would have facilitated it.

The choices I have below on Trip Advisor are "mid Range" or "luxury". It is certainly not a mid range price but not a luxury hotel. Good quality yes.

The roll out couch wasn"t the most comfortable in the world. I think it needs refreshing. If you are booking a roll out I would ask for it to be checked.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Maximilian-Munich, Geschäftsführer at Maximilian Munich Apartments & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Dear travellingbuzz,

thank you very much for sharing the experiences of your stay at the Maximilian Munich on tripadvisor.com.

I was very pleased to read how much you enjoyed every aspect of your room and how helpful our colleagues from reception were. Our wellness area has no specific opening times - we kindly ask our guests to tell us about an hour in advance when they would like to use it - and we switch on the Sauna and steam-room...
As to the pull-out couch - we are fully aware and have ordered brand new couches only 10 days ago - because of the vacation time they will be delivered in about 8 weeks from now.

Dear travellingbuzz, it was our great pleasure to have you and your family staying with us at the Maximilian Munich. We certainly hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Munich.

With kindest regards,