1,460 results
All reviews the freshly squeezed orange juice great location quiet side street free mini bar junior suite well located hotel breakfast was excellent old city breakfast room would stay here again good size christmas market minute walk tea and coffee train station comfortable beds air conditioning
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The room was small but recently refurbished and very comfortable. The breakfast room was lovely with a delicious and varied range of foods. We caught the U-Bahn from the airport to Marienplatz and found it an easy walk to the hotel. We had five days here and walked to all the sights and the many reasonable restaurants close by. There are building works directly across the street at present but as we were up early it didnt affect us. Staff were friendly and helpful at all times. WiFi is available at 3 euros a day which is very reasonable considering prices in Australian hotels but it is interesing that this is the only hotel where we had to pay for internet access in four weeks travelling through Europe, Britain and Ireland.
We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bolly27
MercureMucAltstadt, Manager at Hotel Mercure Munich Altstadt, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Dear guest,

thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.
We are very delighted that you enjoyed the services provided by our Team.

We hope to see you again in Munich.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Ideally located, very convenient (I had no car to park) and at a reasonable price for Münich.
Breakfast room, decoration & buffet are very appealing.
Will certainly go back for my next stay in Münich.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SL072012
DirkKupfer, Manager at Hotel Mercure Munich Altstadt, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

Dear Philippe G.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
We are delighted that your stay has been a positive experience and that you enjoyed the services provided by our Team.

At our homepage Mercure-Altstadt.de you can take a first look to all room categories with room sizes (also available in English).

With regards from Munich,
-General Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Service: Was greeted each time I entered the hotel. When I used English, every desk person I came into contact with also spoke English. All had pleasant personalities.

Room: Was as advertised, no surprises. It had a refrigerator with 2 waters, a coke and an orange juice (all free). I drank two waters one night and it was restocked the next day. Bathroom water pressure was fine, water was hot and towels were clean. The window had a view of the the building right across the street, but no big deal. On Saturday and Sunday nights I could hear revelers outside on the street sporadically until about 3am. I had the window open and was fine with this. But something to consider if you are looking for quiet. I did not close the windows to see how much the noise was reduced because I thought it was interesting listening to city life.

Location: I had a suitcase and backpack and walked from the main train station (Hauptbahnhof) in about 10-15 mins. Leaving, I left from Marienplatz U-Bahn Station and that was 5-10 mins away. Walked pretty much everywhere downtown and that is a great benefit to this hotel. Walk a block or two and you're on the main pedestrian street (Kaufingerstrasse).

I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank StevensCreek

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write your detailed review on Trip Advisor further to your stay at our property. We are very happy, that you enjoyed your stay.

Did you know, that not just the nonalcoholic Welcome-Drinks in the minibar are free?
Also the SKY-Entertainment with sports and movie channels are for free.

We really appreciate your comments and look forward to your visit again.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 2 August 2012

After a long drive I was glad to make it to the hotel, only to discover that there was no parking left, although I had requested a space with my booking. It is understandable being high season, but it wasn't a great start to the stay. Then we found our double bed was twins instead. The reception staff were apologetic and offered to come and change it (push them together) but I chose to do it myself, since I would only be wasting their time. Then I discovered 6 black hairs in the bath/shower. Totally gross. It makes me wonder if it was even cleaned or whether it was left by the cleaning staff. It was also a simple fix, washing them down the drain. But not a good start at all.

Other than that, the room was quite a decent size and the location was great, so close to the town centre.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ATraveller502

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

Much to our regret, we just have a small garage in our hotel and it's not possible to reserve spaces in advance. We also wrote this in our email and our friendly reception staff recommended nearby possibilities at the Check-In. For example the car park directly over the street.

At the Check-In we provide the rooms, which are booked by the guests. If you reserved a room with separate beds, we have also the possibility to pull the beds together, if we can't change the room anymore.

We are truly sory about the hair in your bath tub. We focus on cleanliness, which is also affirmed by rigorous voluntary independent audit of the Institute Fresenius.
So we really hope that you will accept our apologies.

For your next visit we would be honoured to give you a free drink at our small hotel bar.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were happily surprised with our wonderful stay at this hotel! The location is perfection-center of the action but off on a quiet street. Room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was also lovely with a great variety and very friendly staff. When we booked a three star hotel we were not expecting the comfort we found here. Would highly recommend for the price, location and breakfast.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your very positive recommendation. We are very glad, that you really enjoyed to staying with us.

We're looking forward to welcome you again in Munich.

With regards