All reviews city centre priced hotel restaurant downstairs nice hotel within walking distance accommodation oktoberfest christmas
Reviewed 26 April 2015 via mobile

Not much to say ... is a decent place for the money. WiFi is restricted though, only 1 connection allowed at a time for free - which is odd (inconvenient with our 2 phones). Otherwise, I recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason E
Reviewed 1 February 2015

I have stayed here several times on business trips. Rooms are ok sized, but the lighting is very limited especially during winter. Hotel offers free water bottle (with bubbles) every day, which is nice after long day. Otherwise the room is not very well equiped and the TV only shows German channels.

Big disadvatage is that the reception is open only until 10pm. Rooms facing towards Mariahilfs church are quite loud because of the traffic. Rooms facing the yard with the bierggarten can also be loud especially during summer. Bus connection takes the visitor directly to down tomn Munich. From airport you can take S8 train to Ostbahnhof, where you can take bus #62 to the hotel.

During my last day I was given a smoking room, despite I had resreved a non-smoking room. Fortunately this issue was solved in check-in. The fact that hotels in Bavaria still offer smoking rooms is unbelieveble, but this just traveler has to take into account.

Breakfast is ok and the restaurant is offering very nice bavarian menu. Pork is must when visiting Bavaria!

Overall I think the cheap price compensates the lack of service and equipment in the room. If you are traveling with tight budget and will not spend too much time in the room, I would recommend to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Harri P
Reviewed 1 December 2014

I was in Munich for a quick business trip. This hotel was moderately priced and it was pleasant for the price. The neighbourhood is convenient enough for the city and for Ostbahnhof. The room was pleasant, the free internet was acceptable, the bed was comfortable and clean, and the noise level was good.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank valstn
Reviewed 8 November 2014

We decided to go by train via Brussels, Collogne and Frankfurt it was an enjoyable ride to Munich,although it took approx. 10 hours and we arrived at the hotel around 21.50.
The arrival to the hotel was well coming and booking in was quick.We did ask if we could have something to eat or at least have a sandwich and the receptionist went to the kitchen but we were told the Kitchen is closed. The Receptionist recommended a few restaurants and all was fine. The bedroom and bathroom were very clean an comfy but noise as it was right over the main road however the double glazing kept most of the noise out .At Breakfast a well stocked buffet was available and again faultless.The hotel is very convienient with direct buses going to and from the centre .As it was very hot we walked several times and it took us just over 15 minutes.I recommend the busy beer garden , sadly we never ate there but I must say that the food I saw looked very appetizing .

Room Tip: ask for a room not overlooking the front
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank werner47
Reviewed 23 September 2014

I am rating this hotel as average, based upon the price offered during the Oktoberfest season (although I was there for business). It was reasonably comfortable and did the job.

The location was suitable for my business meeting and the hotel is approx 10 minutes walk to the nearest S-Bahn, or an 8 Euro taxi ride from Ostbahnhof.

The room was very basic. The bathroom and furnishings could do with updating, but everything functioned.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and there was a bar/restaurant attached to the place which served reasonable food. Basic breakfast buffet, and if you buy that then the wifi is free.

If I could afford a better standard of room I would opt to do so, but as a place to crash in Munich then this is a perfectly serviceable option.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business