“Came into their own in an emergency!”

Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel
Ranked #58 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We decided to spend the first two nights of our Christmas/New Year holiday at this hotel prior to staying at our son's apartment for the rest of the break.
We opted for a club room which also gave access to the club lounge...a must, if you want to get the best value out of your stay. Check-in was efficient although my son had to find a trolley for our cases as concierge service wasn't immediately obvious to the eye. The room was spacious with complimentary Wi-fi (this applies to club rooms, I don't know whether it is generally.) The Club Lounge provided eats and drinks (both acoholic - wines and beers and non-alcoholic - tea, coffee, soft drinks.) Only grouse is that there were two couples who hadn't met before arriving at the hotel who engaged in very loud conversation whilst heavily drinking. In fact it got so bad that we left the lounge and went back to our room to enjoy a 'quiet' drink. This can't be prevented by the hotel though since they don't know the nature of their guest before they provide them with hospitality.
We took a stroll around the local area the next morning...interesting market providing all sorts of food from cheese to meat to fish and vegetables. The U-Bahn was only a few yards away from the hotel so location was very convenient for travelling all around the city.
When we arrived back at our room a letter had been left saying that the municipal electricity supply company were upgrading the service during the night, involving the cutting off of supply from 1.30 am onwards. I rely on a machine to keep me breathing during the night and it runs on electricity! I contacted reception who was very concerned and advised that they would inform both the hotel manager and the head of maintenance. They came to my room where I showed them the machine, what it's function was and how it worked. Both were very concerned, most especially about the potential ramifications to my well-being. They said the only alternative was to move us to their sister hotel, the Arabella Park. They would help us pack our luggage and transport it, along with us, in a limousine to the other hotel, at their expense. I was prepared to do this and assured them that I understood how difficult the situation was for them, not having any autonomy to prevent the electricity works from going ahead at such short notice. They gave us ample time to prepare for the move and asked us at what time we wanted to leave. We decided to have a drink in the main lounge before the move and were delighted to find out when going to pay for the drinks that they were complimentary! When checking out, I was delighted to see that the second night of our prepaid stay was refunded and our bill had been credited so we got money back! The move was made much less traumatic than it could have been by the help and attention given by the hotel staff to us. For this I hold them in high esteem...their professionalism and empathy were outstanding.
It doesn't end there...when we got to the Arabella Park we were allocated an executive suite which was amazing. You'll have to stay in one to find out for yourselves! On the dining table was a bottle of wine and some nibbles along with a card from the AP hotel manager thanking us for our cooperation and understanding.
Whatever criticisms some might make of both the hotels, they pale into insignifance when compared to the service they offer in really stressful incidents. Would I recommend either hotel? You bet you, I would...

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay a bit extra for a club room which give free access to the club lounge and save mo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Alexander_Bieber, Executive Office at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Hello Patricia,

thank you for the efforts you made in writing this comment. I remember this night exactly along with your story. We discussed the short notice cut off of our energy supplies here in our daily morning meeting and prepared letters fro each room. It is hard to predict your specific problem with this situation, so your story shows how important it is to keep up good communication with our guests. Even though the inconvenience was not our fault, the whole scenario could have gone wrong. The quick reaction of our employees, who took good care of you, really makes me proud. We have shared your feedback in our staff meeting, so your sentiments have reached them all. Thanks again and we are hoping to see you this year again!

Alexander, Executive Office

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here in Aug 11 for 3 nights, hotel is very well maintained and clean, rooms large and spacious. However the service was lacking, on check in it was smooth, checking out they said they had not charged my card, but it had been by booking.com as it was prepaid and she would not accept that payment so i had to pay again and was charged twice, credited by booking.com not the sheraton! I missed my train as a result to the airport!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Alexander_Bieber, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Hello “AK7811”,

Your comment took us by surprise since we are aware that Booking is not charging credit cards or issuing credits. Unfortunately we do not have your name and arrival date to investigate more but we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. We would appreciate if you contact us directly (westparkmuenchen@sheraton.com) in order to find out more from you and resolve this matter.

Best regards,

Arno, Front Office

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed one night in Sheraton earlier in february on business. Didnt venture out in the evening so can't say how easy it i to get around - used taxi in morning. Food absolutley fine in bar. Breakfast very good next day. Room was modern, clean spaciouys 9with its own desk) and bed really comfortable.Currently free wi-fi. Overall good value for the money - staff very pleasant and efficient. Will stay there again no doubt.

Room Tip: Executive rooms good
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Alexander_Bieber, Engineering at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Hello „ChrisMeering“,

Thanks for the compliments. Everything a business traveller needs and now even more: our new fitness area „Sheraton fitness programmed by core performance“ just opened its gates and it would be a pleasure for us to show you around on your next stay! You’ll get more info’s under sheratonfitness in the internet or on our homepage. Pics from this fabulous new area are posted on our facebook site!

Michael, Engineering

Reviewed 19 February 2012

The best thing about the Sheraton Westpark is that the location is brilliant. Right next to the U Bahn and S Bahn entrance made it perfect in the snow. Room was clean and spacious with comfy bed.
Walking into the hotel was slightly strange as the revolving doors clearly had a "No Bags" sign on them and pointed to the door next to it, which had a sign on it indicating that the door was broken and to contact the staff if help needed. My husband and I got very confused as we didn't want to cause a stir by bringing our luggage through the door which had a "No Bags" sign on it. So I got someone to help him while I checked in, who just took the bags through the "No Bags" door! Not a huge problem, but maybe a sign needs to be put up explaining that you can take the bags through that door.
There was a horrible smell near the lobby lift and we could smell it on the 10th floor lift as well.
One particularly strange happenning was one day was when we were sitting in the room and I herad what sounded like someone trying to open our door. I got up and saw a member of the hotel staff (or what looked like it) walk off. From then on, our keys wouldn;t work in the door which slightly un nerved me. We got it fixed up, but it was just odd.
Restaurant very expensive as well when not many restuarants around.
Great for a business hotel, but was a bit of an odd stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Alexander_Bieber, Executive Office at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Hello „nyp09“,

we read your comment with care and apologize for having you leave with a strange feeling. I assure you immediate attention and follow up on the stated issues but for what I could investigate now we had to get our side entrance fixed and didn’t take down the signage (NO BAGS) on our revolving door for that short time which led to confusion. Because it is tough to push baggage through alone, we therefore posted a sign to please ask for assistance. Sorry if it was a bit of a hassle for you.
Concerning the smell we did manage to get rid of it after fixing a process in the system of waste disposal.
Locks can be reprogrammed only through our personnel from Engineering. There might have been the need of doing so and we will talk to the head of this department about this. We regret the coincidence of these points during your stay and hope to see you again to show you our full attention!

Wolfram, Executive Office

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several times on business trips and was always very pleased. The staff is friendly, the rooms are big and clean and the spa area gives you a good chance to relax after a day full of meetings.
Since it is directly located at subway station, you can get to the city center within 20 min.

• Stayed: May 2011
Alexander_Bieber, Executive Office at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Hello "Robirob15",

Just wanting to spread the news to you as well that our spa area is closed at the moment due to renovation and remodelling this area into a great gym. Please check it out on our website to read more about this great holistic program called “Sheraton Fitness programmed by core performance”!

See you soon?