eDreams
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
Destinia.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Very clean hotel, that is convenient to Hauptbahnhauf. Walked to the hotel from the train station. staff are great. The bar tenderder was very nice. breakfast was 12E, and a nice bujffet.The owners sent me a birthday card. I have stayed at this hotel 5 times,

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Martina K, Online-Marketing at Hotel Cristal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Janiceboo,
thank you very much for your review. We're looking forward to your sixth stay in our hotel.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Shout out to Kyra at the front desk who was professional and cordial. However, housekeeping was inconsistent at best. See attached photo of "you forgot something?" Once I asked for conditioner and slippers---the other lady at the front desk said "housekeeping was not in the house" and gave me 1 pair of slippers (there's 3 of us) and body lotion (which I didn't ask for). Another time, housekeeping forgot to leave drinking cups in our triple room. My husband who needed to take his medicine, called front desk who promised to send them up. After 30 minutes of waiting, my husband went down to the lobby to get said cups himself. Not having any, this same lady instructed him to go across the lobby to the bar to get glasses. Unbelievably, the bartender (who we were informed later has had previous incidents with fellow employees and other guests due to his ill temper) gave my husband a horrendous time refusing to give him a simple glass! My husband was incredulous when this guy even threatened to call the police (for what, for shouting and being rude to my husband who is a paying guest?). The elderly couple who were hearing all these couldn't believe what was happening and were only distracted by a rat running around the restaurant! We don't expect to be treated like kings and queens, we just hope to be accorded simple courtesy. The next day, the deputy director, Mr Florian Riethmuller, was very appalled and apologetic at his employee's behavior. We asked him to watch the hotel's CCTV recording of the incident so he can see for himself what transpired. Having been a customer service manager, both my husband and I actually know what good customer service is. We're not going to tell the management of Hotel Cristal what to do. Unfortunately, this bartender's incorrigible behavior will always tarnish our memory of Hotel Cristal and Munich.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank mzzyap
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We chose this hotel as it was very cheap for what looked like a very modern hotel, and it didn't disapppoint. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The first thing we noticed when we arrived was the lack of restaurants close by. We wandered around looking for somewhere to eat, passing many take-aways, but not many restaurants. The first night we managed to find an Italian take-away which also had a seating area, but the second night we had to venture further to find a nice place to eat. Walking back late at night felt very unsafe and I certainly wouldn't advise doing it alone. There were many groups of men hanging around outside making us feel uneasy.
The main downside to this hotel would have to be the wifi, which was horrendous. To add to this you were expected to pay €4 a day to use it. Luckily we had our mobile data abroad which was infinitely quicker than the wifi. Although at the end of our stay, the woman was kind enough to remove it from our bill when I said we had barely used it due to it being so poor.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 22396David,
thank you very much for your feedback. It is really important for us to improve constantly. We're looking forward to your next stay with us. As part of the „Südliches Bahnhofsviertel e.V.“ we try to enhance the area around the main station. The area around our hotel is just a busy and multicultural area near train station, like in every other city in the world. There is no reason to feel unsafe or uneasy. We would be delighted to welcome you again a next time.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I was on my 60th birthday visit to Munich with 7 friends, looking for a bit of fun, culture, football, food and good beer. This hotel was our base for 3 nights and proved to be a very good location for our stay. The hotel is comfortable and clean, and the staff very friendly when we needed them.

As we were sharing 4 twin rooms we were very pleased to see that the rooms were quite large and not at all crowded.

The bar stayed open late as we had a nightcap and was comfortable. The hotel is just over 5 minutes from the main station, so the local 'atmosphere' was just as you would expect in that location, but it was not at all noisy in any of the rooms we occupied. The city centre was a 10 minute walk away.

All in all a good, value for money hotel (despite the Brexit pound slump) and conveniently located.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank alexsB7280OF

Dear Alex S,
thank you very much for your feedback. We would be really happy to welcome you again soon. Munich is always worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Fair hotel,modern and with silent rooms (I stayed on 6th floor). The neightborhood is unfortunately not to be walked alone in the evening (very unlucky people) but the hotel itself is located closed to the center of the city: you can walk there in 5 min.
Rates are high but for business trade fair days I didn't found much cheaper tariffs.
I didn't try the wi-fi but it was out of the rate, and so it was the breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled on business