5 people are viewing this hotel
Vio.com
Dorothy C

Great staff, good location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 July 2021
Staff was professional and friendly, had a great impression upon check-in. Rooms are clean and tidy - we are in the standard room and there is ample space. I quite liked the toiletries as well. The pool/jaccuzi area was also quite nice, the pool is 12.5m but enough to do laps. Perhaps the only drawback is you have to walk through the reception and down the stairs to the pool, which was not so convenient - perhaps a corona measure? The location of the hotel is a bit out of the city center (but close enough to the U-bahn), but the surroundings are nice. Overall an enjoyable stay, would recommend for the price.
Date of stay: July 2021
    AU$143
9.8 km from Munich Marriott Hotel
View more hotels in Munich
1,551 results
All reviews champions bar executive lounge subway station residential area lufthansa airport bus nice hotel breakfast buffet u bahn minute ride business trip public transportation city stops euros platinum taxis concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2021

The hotel staff made my stay fantastic - they were just great, from check out and throughout the entire stay. The hotel is very nice, modern and bright, located a bit outside the center, which is easily accessible on the U6 metro. This was a great option for us as we were visiting friends who lived on the U6 line.

Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank luvs_trvl_and_dogs
Reviewed 11 December 2020 via mobile

I stayed here in December, the staff were so helpful and courteous, especially Rebecca on the front desk. I am very grateful to her for her fantastic service. If you get a chance to come to Munich then stay in this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank janegF5615AW
Reviewed 28 October 2020 via mobile

Close to the city centre with an underground station only a 5 minutes walk away.
This will take you to all the central shops and museums.
Plus the central railway station also.
The Hotel is clean and the staff are very helpful.
Unfortunately due to Covid there is no restaurant
Being close to the main business and technology area.
The Lufthansa airport bus stops just by the Underground station.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank C5859MRjohnr
Reviewed 26 August 2020

We have stayed in around 10 hotels since the outbreak of Covid and the Munich Marriott surpasses all of them, including other hotels in the Marriott group. Everything in the room is wrapped in plastic (including the remote control) and in the sauna/spa, all towels are literally individually wrapped. Disinfectant dispensers everywhere and a brilliant breakfast system whereby you take a tray and choose your individually wrapped items. We felt very safe there.
The staff were all absolutely amazing - super friendly at all times, extremely helpful. The rooms are absolutely stunning - light, airy and stylish and the pool is lovely. The location is really good - quick underground to the centre and located in a quiet area. Extremely recommendable.

Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank Bryony Kate H
Reviewed 11 August 2020

First off, I understand that we're having to live with COVID. No room service? No problem. The issues I had were that the restaurants weren't open (the website didn't mention this AT ALL), so we were stuck either ordering from the limited pizza/pasta menu or having something delivered to the hotel (my sciatica nerve was acting up, so we couldn't walk anywhere to eat). Second, I had upgraded to a superior room, which was supposed to come with a complimentary mini-bar. That's specifically the only reason I upgraded. Our refrigerator was completely empty. When I asked the staff about it, I was told that once I check in, nobody can stock the mini-bar. I would not have upgraded had I known I had to pay for water/beer. Third, the hotel advertises that it has air conditioning. It was absolutely minimal. A fan in the room would have done a better job at circulating and cooling the air. Fourth, I have no idea why we had to pay 48 Euros for parking for two nights. It seems rather exorbitant.

Honestly, had I known that the restaurants wouldn't be open, I would not have reserved my stay at this hotel. I specifically chose the Marriott Munich for that feature, and I feel extremely let down. To add insult to injury, there were nearby hotel restaurants that were open during my stay, but due to my mobility issues, I couldn't go to any one of them.

On the positive side, the parking garage wasn't crowded (probably due to the price), the elevators worked, the breakfast was good, and the staff was absolutely professional and nice.

Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank N4110VVchristinab
Alexander Bieber, General Manager at Munich Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2020

Dear N4110VVchristinab,

thank you for your visit and your review. We rely on feedback to improve, even more so during the COVID crisis, since regulations, business levels and new insights demand constant changes in the way we operate.

If you gave us your e-mail, you have a received an e-mail from us outlining available services during your stay. Perhaps you overlooked it? We had re-opened services and facilities in quick succession and the website was not a suitably quick tool to advise you of the precise situation during the dates of your stay.

As of the beginning of August, our Champions Sports Bar serves food and drinks daily, the Grill93 restaurant on weekends (since mid-July). We hope the situation will remain stable for a while (and that we all manage to avoid a second wave), so we have updated the website as well.

As for the complimentary minibar, we do not stock the fridges in the room - mainly since disinfection cannot be maintained. If your room category includes this feature, the reception should have explained to you we of course still provide complimentary drinks and that you can take them up with you from the "Grab & Go" station by the elevator. I am truly sorry this was missed. We have raised this with the team in the meantime. Perhaps you can write to us by e-mail, so we can try to make it up to you?

Your last point concerns the prices for the garage. This is a public parking facility operated by a nationwide company, but we do ensure that the daily rates are competitive within Munich. We can issue daily tickets upfront, which allow you to leave and return as often as you need to.

I am delighted to read about your positive experiences with our team members and the breakfast and hopefully we can entice you to give us another try for the restaurants.

Until then, all the best and stay healthy!