“My Favourite in Munich”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It's my favourite restaurant in Munich. You will be faced by a intense smell, but it's the main smell of Indian kitchen and it's good. I tried Chicken Masala and totally suggest it, also King Fischer, local Indian beer was good too. Both, beef and chicken choices and also duck meals are at the menu of this restaurant, and lots of vegetarian choices. It's also really cheap. We paid 55 Euro for three person.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Certainly best and authentic Indian food in Municht! Trust me I am an Indian and tried several Indian restaurants in Germany but nothing beats Dhaba. Absolutely delicious food and most amazing and personalized service! Mind you the restaurant is usually full even during weekdays, so better reserve a table on phone in advance.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

A friend and I booked a table for two, Sunday lunchtime. He ordered Rarha Gosht with basmati rice, and I had Bhindi Masala, Dal Makhani and chapattis. As we ate, we took samples from each other's dishes to see how they were.

My dishes were very good indeed: I'm a real fan of okra and of dal, so I was well pleased. My friend's dish, the Rarha Gosht I have to say was incredible, truly excellent, and I will definitely have that when we return in a couple of weeks' time.

One extra note: a child at a neighbouring table had a minor coughing fit, and a waiter swiftly brought, unbidden, a glass of water for him to drink. Amazing service!

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This is a neighborhood restaurant, and we love Indian food, so we have given this 3 tries in the last year. Once for lunch, once for dinner and once as a take out. Every time was a disappointment.

The only meal that was good was the Palak Paneer. I had a Lamb Vindaloo that was only hot (I like it spicy) but this was so over the top hot that I was surprised that a German restaurant served it this spicy. But it was not good, very oily, and simply not good. My wife tried a King Prawn curry, that was simply bad, as were the other meals we tried there.

It is hard for me to understand the good reviews. Maybe we just got unlucky 3 times, but that was enough for us. The service was cold and unfriendly.

I cant imagine we will give it another go. The only reason we gave it 3 tries is that is IS always full, so we figured we must be missing something.......... But there are enough Indian restaurants that we like in Munich, so at least we have other choices.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We walked in for a late lunch. It’s a 10 minutes ride on a taxi from the very center of Munich. On the corner. Modest, clean. Typical of Indian. It was full of people and most importantly there were a lot of tables with Indian guests, so it should be a sign of good food. We had an Austrian Riesling with our food. It was very good. The food was served fast and it was excellent! Very tasty. We ordered more of what we liked. The Masala Chicken, Duck curry and lamb buriani. And especially liked the garlic Naan. I couldn’t eat anything all day after this lunch and even the next day I was still feeling full. Only 24 hours after I could eat anything. That’s how full I got.